Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    dumping black and grey tanks refill
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

dumping black and grey tanks refill
 Login now/Join our community

posted
does anyone know how after i dump all tanks grey and black how do i flush them clean with fresh water or put fresh water in tanks so not to leave them dry i couldnt figure out
how to do .Right now i put the hose through the window and put hose in towilet ?1992 breakaway

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1)Hose in toilet is good; do it when you dump OR after black dump flush toilet several times with dump valve closed, then dump again. Dump grey tank last; - that helps clean black water dump pipe. After grey dump, run water in kitchen sink with dump valve closed, then open & dump again.
OR: Spray hose into dump pipe from outside to clean pipe.

Posts: 23 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 09-12-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Interesting question...

When I got my first Barth I saw the number of products sold for cleaning, deoderizing, etc the tanks. I was concerned that most of them do not seem compatible with septic systems. I have never used any of them.

As for rinsing, etc, I have always waited until the tanks are fairly full. When possible I drive around to slosh and mix them well, then dump the black water. After letting the dump hose drain well I dump the grey to flush out the hose, then drain again. I have never rinsed the tanks, just the hose when I am done with both tanks.

In five years and 40,000 miles I never had any issues with the tanks.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been doing it the same way as you I guess Barth didn't set up any way to clean out the tanks it sucks I have to put a hose through the window I always rinse out my other rvs 2 or 3 times till clear water comes out I'm going to try and rig something up in bathroom unless someone else has a fix ? Anyone

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I have a Camco Tornado mounted on my black tank, it seems to work pretty well. I advise against using the clear dump discharge connector with it, you will grow old(er) waiting for nearly clear water.
http://tinyurl.com/de-ughifier

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I just turn on the faucet and flush the toilet til I get about 5 gallons in each and then throw in septic tank algae. Fill water tank after that and drive away.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post