Barthmobile Portal
dumping black and grey tanks refill

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/5703906097

10-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Evan & Holly
dumping black and grey tanks refill
does anyone know how after i dump all tanks grey and black how do i flush them clean with fresh water or put fresh water in tanks so not to leave them dry i couldnt figure out
how to do .Right now i put the hose through the window and put hose in towilet ?1992 breakaway
10-11-2017, 10:52 PM
USMC Gunner
1)Hose in toilet is good; do it when you dump OR after black dump flush toilet several times with dump valve closed, then dump again. Dump grey tank last; - that helps clean black water dump pipe. After grey dump, run water in kitchen sink with dump valve closed, then open & dump again.
OR: Spray hose into dump pipe from outside to clean pipe.
10-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Steve VW
Interesting question...

When I got my first Barth I saw the number of products sold for cleaning, deoderizing, etc the tanks. I was concerned that most of them do not seem compatible with septic systems. I have never used any of them.

As for rinsing, etc, I have always waited until the tanks are fairly full. When possible I drive around to slosh and mix them well, then dump the black water. After letting the dump hose drain well I dump the grey to flush out the hose, then drain again. I have never rinsed the tanks, just the hose when I am done with both tanks.

In five years and 40,000 miles I never had any issues with the tanks.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
10-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Evan & Holly
I've been doing it the same way as you I guess Barth didn't set up any way to clean out the tanks it sucks I have to put a hose through the window I always rinse out my other rvs 2 or 3 times till clear water comes out I'm going to try and rig something up in bathroom unless someone else has a fix ? Anyone
10-12-2017, 10:21 AM
ccctimtation
I have a Camco Tornado mounted on my black tank, it seems to work pretty well. I advise against using the clear dump discharge connector with it, you will grow old(er) waiting for nearly clear water.
http://tinyurl.com/de-ughifier
10-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Tom and Julie
I just turn on the faucet and flush the toilet til I get about 5 gallons in each and then throw in septic tank algae. Fill water tank after that and drive away.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny