Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    TV'S TURN OFF
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

TV'S TURN OFF
 Login now/Join our community

posted
HI EVERYONE NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN MY 86 REGAL 31FT P30 IS ACTING UP.FIRST PROBLEM IS MY TV'S WILL SHUT OFF SOMETIMES RIGHT AWAY SOMETIMES AFTER SEVERAL HOURS,YOU CAN TURN SWITCH OFF AND ON TV'S COME RIGHT BACK ON.SECOND ONE IS I HAVE A POWER DRAIN ON
MY ENGINE(CHASSIS)BATTERY,MY QUESTION IS WITH THE MAIN POWER DISCONNECT(BY DOOR STEP)OFF WILL I OR SHOULD I BE SHOWING A DRAW.THANKS FOR ANY INPUT

------------------

Posts: 22 | Location: LINCOLN PARK, MICHIGAN USA | Member Since: 03-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kajtek1>
posted
Are you talking about running TV from inverter? That may be indicator of inverter overheating, or low battery voltage.
The shut off switch at the door is likely for the house battery. There might be another one for the engine battery, or just pull the clamp off.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Slopemaster,

If you have your original TV then I am sure you have a 12VDC TV. Now, please don't mistake me for an expert. In many cases I just know enough to be dangerous. However, here is what I think I know....

When your TV is first turned on it requires a surge of current. All color tv's do. They call this dequasing (or something like that). Because of this your batteries have to have a good float charge (some one tell me if I know what I am talking about). If your batteries are not holding a good charge or they are not maintain this "float" charge certain things won't work. In the coach the TV and furnace may be two effected items because they require more current. On the chassis side they would be your defroster fans, Kwikee Step and air horn. You could also have a problem like I had. The wiring had a short, cause by moisture. After the TV ran a while the short would get hot and would cut out. After turning it off. It cooled down really fast and would come back on.

As far as the drain on your engine battery. Some thinks that are attached to your entgine battery is your carbon monoxide detector and your kwikee step. If your detector is on or if you have a short in your step you will have a draw.

I hope this helps. And, I hope this will be sufficiently corrected if anything I said is incorrect.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP I THINK I'M LOOKING AT THE INVERTER BECAUSE IT HAPPENS ON BOTH TV'S ON HOUSE BATTERY'S,GEN,OR SHORE POWER.NEXT QUESTION WHERE IS IT I THINK I HEARD IT WAS ABOVE THE GEN SET AREA IS THIS A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK? AS FOR THE BATTERY DRAW GOOD CALL DAVE I THINK I NEVER TURNED MY CO2 SWITCH OFF.THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY INPUT

Posts: 22 | Location: LINCOLN PARK, MICHIGAN USA | Member Since: 03-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you have an inverter. With a 1986 coach I kind of doubt it. One other thing to look at. Did you know that your converter, (which changes AC to DC and charges your batteries when your are plugged in) does not charge your batteries as fast as you use it up. If you have your TV on, (I'm still betting your have a DC TV) and some lights and your antenna booster you may definately run out of charge. Just a thought...

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post