Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Battery Tender
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Battery Tender
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted
If folks are like me and do not have that 50A or 30A receptacle to plug into when your Barth is sitting in the yard, Battery Tender has a solution that I have just installed and it works great. Mind you, my coach sits in the yard with everything off when not in use. This idea is just for those who are like me and park your coach between trips. When parked between summer outings, I feel that the only thing I need to do is keep the batteries in the coach at a full charge. Yea, I could use the kill switch in the coach to save the batteries from draining (though they will on their own over a period of time anyway), but that is unnecessary. Battery Tender makes a two bank charger. I mounted the charger in my compartment with the coach batteries. I purchased a 12' extension cable from Battery Tender and ran it over to the compartment with the chassis batteries. Now all I have to do while it is sitting in the yard is run a standard outdoor extension cord to the Battery Tender charger and plug it in. I can also do this while I'm sitting at the campground. From that point on all my batteries are kept up to charge and I do not have to mess with anything else. And yes, it will keep both of your paralleled batteries charged. All this convenience for under $100!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 618 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Bruce...That would work well im my situation also. What model did you get? Where? .. Thanks Gerald

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 232 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
E-Bay....my favorite shopping place. Do a search for Deltran part #220165. Different deals to be had. There is a deal on there right now that you can buy the charger with (2) 25' lead extensions for $97.95 (free shipping). Or the deal I got was the charger for $82.40 (free shipping) and then I bought the 12' lead extension from someone else for 12.70 with shipping. So the "package deal" is well worth it, though you will end up with 25' extensions...

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 618 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/18
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Old topic..

Still the preferred battery tender or what’s todays recommendation..?

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 418 | Location: Mendo Coast, NorCal...  | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post