Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Perfect fit Refrigerator
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Perfect fit Refrigerator
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My Barth oe fridge was toast, so I left it behind in favor of an antiquated mini fridge to get by with. Well that was awful, the pickles got soft and the spinach froze. Then I was at home depot and saw a 10 cu ft fridge on sale that looked particularly well sized. It is 24 x 25 x 60, the exact measurements of the hole.the rear of the compartment is vented and there is enough clearance on the sides to let it shed heat. I did need to remove the wood trim from the roof vent so the freezer would open but imo that's a small mod for a real fridge. The best part is they just dropped the price to 300 dollars. It is a vissani unit and it's available in black and white. I'm so happy with it I had to share.

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak Ridge Tennessee | Member Since: 11-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak Ridge Tennessee | Member Since: 11-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
very COOL! Thumbs Up ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hardy har... Cool indeed. Frozen even. We are so excited to have frozen things. We are in southern Florida for work all summer, sort of a backwards snowbird thing. It occurs to me this may have been better suited in the upgrades section... Sorry, I was so excited to share cause the price was amazing. My wife said it's the best birthday present she's ever had.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife said it's the best birthday present she's ever had.

Happy wife = Happy life Big Grin

might be a good idea to put a donut fan or two behind it

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I do not wish to throw cold air on your joy, but I also thought it looked good. So after you posted I did some research and came up with this buyers post "Problem is this fridge will not work below 50 degrees or above 84 degrees ( which you don't know until you get the owners manual )."

So please report back after you have had it a while. I know you will get some warm temps in FL.

I'm really hope it works

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
will not work below 50 degrees or above 84 degrees

This sounds like some sort of design feature.
Perhaps a thermostat which may be able to be by-passed providing a person would want to jeopardize
the warranty. I would think it could be worth a little more research if there is a concern re. the
50/84 limits. Good luck! Thumbs Up

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that in the owners manual and was also wondering how it would go. It didn't stop me from trying though, I've learned not to believe the limitations that engineers claim about their machines. It's been 90 here on average since I installed it and it's doin fine. I did need to turn it a bit colder but it's holding 38 and is not turned all theI way cold. I think that the air space behind the fridge having vents top and bottom help to create a chimney effect using air from under the awning, and the enclosure is only insulated to the outside so the temperature in the enclosure is slightly cooler than outside. Im hoping that i manage to stay within the realistic limits of thermometric efficiency but so far so good. I imagine worst case scenario I close off the vents to the outside and vent the enclosure to the cabin.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We bought a smaller Visoni for the lanai about a month ago and it's been fine, even with temps in the 90s every day. Hope it works out for you, $300 beats $1300.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
I really like the look, nice job! The RV refrigerators can be mighty finicky much more then the compressor units. Plus you don't have to worry about the new refrigerator catching fire and burning up you Barth.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
We changed out our fridge before moving to Florida 1-1/2 yrs ago and have no issue with the heat. We did however have an issue with a second fridge located in our outdoor storage area. During the few cold winter nights the unit would not cool.

The fridge evaporator lines run in the sides of the unit and incorporate a built in temp sensor. When the ambient temp is below the sensor set point it does run. I'm sure the same is true with the upper set point as well but have never had either fridge stop working in the Florida heat.

Make sure you have the recommended cooling space on all sides of the unit or it will overheat.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post