Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Windshield Wiper motor removal
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Windshield Wiper motor removal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
The motor on the right windshield wiper works very slowly. So, we thought we would replace it. But we can't get the post off. Picture attached. Any guidance would be appreciated

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The shaft is threaded at the far end. Inboard of that there is a tapered splined collar that slides over the outer section of the shaft. The shaft has flats for the collar.

You will need to pull the collar off the shaft before you can pull the shaft out of the mounting. Oil it well. Cover the threads with a nut and use a small gear type puller to pull it off.

You can thank Rusty for this one:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...=792107781#792107781

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If you need the motor I have a couple that I got for the Euro but never got around to installing.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
If you need the motor I have a couple that I got for the Euro but never got around to installing.
. Yes, for sure. How much would you be asking for them? I guess they're all the same. I'll take a picture Thumbs Up

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I paid 65 including shipping. PM your address and I'll get them out to you.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
like this?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
This is Tere. Finally with much effort removed the knuckle from both wiper posts. Tomorrow I will start with removal of motor to determine its problem. The motors all fall into the electric window, sunroof & antennae motor category. Hoping i can repair or get running better than they were. The post from Rusty was of a pantogtaph wiper system. Ours is a single post & I'm hoping simpler but similar motors. PS wiper barely working, DS works a little better. Ours are electric not vacuum operated.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Here is the PS model number. Did not take DS off. Looks a little different, dirtier 'fer shur. Working better with cleaning, pb blaster & white lithium grease on wiper stud & moving parts. New would be better.
As I'm writing this not sure if pic will post.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Here is the PS model number. Did not take DS off. Looks a little different, dirtier 'fer shur. Working better with cleaning, pb blaster & white lithium grease on wiper stud & moving parts. New would be better.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Tere

United Tech.
????? Systems
Columbus,MS
1923724MO12WC
Service Motor
1901240MO12WC

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
1923724MO12WC

see here-- http://www.clevelandignition.c...ld-wiper-systems.htm

http://www.clevelandignition.c...ption-of-systems.htm

http://www.clevelandignition.c...shooting-systems.htm

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim. Sorry it took so long but I got to my warehouse and dug up the motors. These are Bosch USA but look the same as what you have. Not new but Herb Johns said they worked fine when I bought them from him. Come with switches and wiring but you might have to change some of the hardware. I'll ship them to you for $65 bucks, same as I paid. Let me know.

79 Barth Classic