Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Tire Monitors TPMS
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tire Monitors TPMS
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted
Tim made comment of adding TPMS to have more gauges for Steve.

I thought I would ask. Who has one and how is it working for you. Which one do you have? I am thinking it could save our coaches from the inevitable alligator slap damage from a blowout. Fire possibility from a towed vehicle issue.

Another thing on the possibles list?

I am a before you hit the road check all pressures. Every time I stop I hit my tires with a temp gun. If temp is off pressure check. If something goes on the road? Would we hear or feel? Duane has first hand on that one?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
TP Monitor would have been great, the tire that went down had pretty Raggett side walls and my bet in a few more miles it would have begun to fall apart and start causing damage. Paying close attention to ones tires on a trip is a lesson learned.

I had no idea it had gone down, just glad its mate held up and Kevin made a comment that it looked low on air!!

Old time truck drivers just used to bang their tires with a sturdy steel pipe or a bat to confirm they were aired-up!! We have come a long way since those days.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2061 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Jim Roller just got a system from TST (Truck System Technologies)
Individual tire cap sensors for temp and pressure. Can track up to 115 tires. Looks like a nice system.

You can easily program each sensor and place on desired tire. If you are towing and want to park one vehicle, you can quickly disable display of either entire truck set or trailer set. The display is portable so you bring it along in your toad. Jim will have 10 tires with sensors.

You can also set hi/lo pressure alarms and hi temp alarm for each sensor.

We are in the install mode. His coach is parked but we will road test the toad soon.

to be continued.....

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
The reason I asked is the amount of disabled/damaged vehicles I have seen along the road. One blowouts damage could/would be less than a TPMS system. I looked at BillyT’s. I have looked at info on a number of units. Surprised not more folks have chimed in.

That being said I hate parting with that much $$$$$$ but would be nice to know what’s going on with all tires in real time. Lynn would worry less!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Jim said he hated to spend the money, too. He said he used to have Joan run alongside with the heat sense gun but she is getting too slow now! ROTFLMAO

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Surprised me, checked Ebay and there are 6 valve units available for under $60. Probably not a lot of bells and whistles but the reviews are all pretty good.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2061 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I've had two vehicles with them and both have made me happy to have them. My truck has them and they are pricey to replace. Eventually the battery in the stem dies and the stem must be replaced. I forgot the price 3 years ago,but 50 to 100 comes to mind.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post