Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Generator relocation
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Generator relocation
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know the rating of 12 guage and I was very surprised as well. This IS the way it came from Barth! I have the build sheet! With two roof air conditioners, you need at least 5000 watts. I am sure that is what they were thinking that with two legs of 120 VAC each leg would not see over 20 amps

The gen set will power the entire coach, A/C and microwave together plus the battery charger (75 amp)
The breakers (a pair) on the gen set 40 amps each! and the breakers on the main bax in the back are 50 amps.

Added: the +12V cable from the vehicle batteries is VERY small also, 4 gauge, this goes over 30 ft from the coach batteries to the gen set, when starting the gen set I see less then 9 volts, I will be installing 00 guage along with some other upgrades while in there. Still have to tackle the low beam headlight issue.

Guess I have to proof read my posts better, I removed that last comment, sounded very bad!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post