Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Recirculating Toilets
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Recirculating Toilets
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Raven1962
posted
I've been researching and the single recurring complaint about the recirculating toilets is the smell of the recycled flush water and the so-called deodorizer.

Has anyone ever considered turning the recirculation tank into an aerobic treatment tank, for the flush water, rather than adding chemicals? It may take some modification, beyond addind an aeration source, but it would cut the odor factor, and end the eternal expense of chemicals.

Jeff Frusha
1984 Commercial-Custom Euro
Cedar Creek, Texas

Jeff & Greta Frusha
Luling, TX
'84 Euro Special (35 ft)
'75 MC (33 ft)

Posts: 44 | Location: Luling, Texas | Member Since: 05-24-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Jeff, using simple Fleischmann's yeast cakes and some sugar water will compost some of your waste. Many septic tank owners use yeast and sugar in 90 degree warm water on a monthly basis. The sloshing while driving will aerator the tank also. Aerators can be added to force air into the tank to increase aerobic action. Aerators are another electric motor.
Dumping the waste at a campsite disposal in a sanitary drain is easier for me.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
I'm not concerned with the Black Water tank, at this time. Unless I misunderstood the descriptions, the recirculating flush toilet has a separate tank that is initially filled, specifically for flushing, and that water is recaptured and used several times to flush, until it, too, gets dumped into the blackwater tank, and is then refilled.

I admit, all I have to go on is written descriptions. I WOULD like to see a diagram of the system, but have not found one, other than in boating forums, and ads for newer recirculating flush toilets.

Addendum:

An aerator doesn't have to be anything more than a small fishing air pump with hose and air-stone, such as is used to keep fish in buckets, or live-wells alive, not necessarily a larger pump, circulating water, to accomplish the same goal.

Jeff & Greta Frusha
Luling, TX
'84 Euro Special (35 ft)
'75 MC (33 ft)

Posts: 44 | Location: Luling, Texas | Member Since: 05-24-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post