Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    windshield
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

windshield
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
Does anyone know what windshield was used on the 22 foot 1972 Barth?

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Dennis,

Thank you for visiting the website.

As far as the windshield is concerned. This could be a problem. I think the depth on this windshield is around 14 3/4 inches high. The later windshields after '75 were 23 inches. I have not found a resource for the 14 inch windshield. And, I have really tried. It is a heart breaking thing. But if the you have the 14inch windshield this could be bad news for you.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1305037&a=10653417&p=36455289
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/rajah3/usflag.gif

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went out and checked the heigth of the windshieldand it is 23 inches high. I remember that the replacement windshield was used in school buses. Hopes this help my search. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of good information on this web site and I print out a lot of comments to save for a future reference. Dave, I found one from 4/24/01 where you gave the url http://www.dcmco.com as a possible source for a windshield for a 1975 Barth 20' coach. Is this site still a possiblity?

Posts: 10 | Member Since: 04-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Lee Merriman>
posted
Dennis,
The windshields in a Barth is the same as a General Motors Semi truck. You can get any windshield you need from Duncan Glass in Elkhart, IN. At the time it was one of the reasons Barth used this type of windshield as it was so easy to find a replacement.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee, do you know if Duncan has windshield gaskets

Posts: 63 | Location: Winona Lake, IN | Member Since: 04-18-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave I called Duncan Glass and the company's name is Duncan Systems. The telephone number is 1-800-551-9149 ext 2025. They are looking for my windshield now. The fellow there said that there is no problem shipping the windshield and that they do it all the time. Dennis

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I am so glad you have the 23" windshield. If anyone ever finds an old Barth in a junk yard with the 14inch windshield I would almost buy them and stor them. Twice since I have had this website have people called. "mostly young people with no money who bought the old Barth for like $2500.00" and we have never found any of the 14" windshields. I call my local windshield glass company. And, they said they can get the 23" easily. Never got a price though...

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post