Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Power Steering
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Power Steering
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of MatandAng
posted
We have a 90 Barth Regal with a ford 460. We need to find the reservoir for the power steering pump. Anyone know where to get parts for this? Thanks!

Posts: 27 | Location: Rochester, NY | Member Since: 07-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Does it look like this?

This is a picture from Ron and Maggies 1990 Ford Regal and I added the text to help you locate the items.

On my 1991 Ford 460 Powered Commercial Barth the "Power Steering Reservoir" looks like the "Hydro-Boost and Transmission Parking Brake Booster" too. They are both the same type of reservoir.

Also, on mine, the "Hydro-Boost and Transmission Parking Brake Booster" is sandwiched between the "Engine Overflow Coolant Tank" and the "Windshields Washer Fluid Tank"

Can you take a picture of the radiator area and post it here for comment?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MatandAng
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Bill! I ment they cover that you have to take off and put back on when you change the actual power steering pump. I've heard it being called a reservoir also. I forgot about the fill area being a reservoir. The pic looks similar to mine things are moved a little but it sure looks like it anyway.

Posts: 27 | Location: Rochester, NY | Member Since: 07-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This one is mine...

Does yours look like this one?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MatandAng
posted Hide Post
No this is not the same mine is rounded. Has no intake valve on the top. I have a picture I tried to send but it won't go through. I could send it to your email if you give me that address. We tried to use that pump with cover but the intake valve on top is in the way of our idaler pulley.

Picture of MatandAng
posted Hide Post

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
I know I am hi-jacking this , but could not figure how to repost...
Regarding the picture Bill NY posted, which is now my Ford 460, I thought I would take the opportunity to ask if the Transmission cooler shown is properly sized or if I should think about upgrading to a large size. Barth is a 28'
Trans temp currently runs around 195.

Thanks and sorry for the hijack....
Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post