Barthmobile Portal
Car Seat Latch System & floor anchors

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/4963923597

12-21-2020, 02:24 PM
2Puppers
Car Seat Latch System & floor anchors
Working on a rear-facing child car seat solution for our 1 year old. I've searched this forum and found a few threads about installing seatbelts but am wondering if anyone has tried using the Latch System by installing a few floor anchors behind the passenger seat similar to these? Floor anchors Something low profile enough they don't become a tripping hazard when not in use.

I realize you are all still alive after no seatbelts laying up in the back window by the speakers and everything (man that sounds like fun as a kid!) but I'd like try a safe riding position for our little for a few more years. By safe I realize its not safe like a car but we plan to do what we can outside of driving a second vehicle.

So...has anybody else install floor anchors near the fold-away dinette table to use the commercial Latch System on a car seat? I suppose as long as we can anchor to the frame and not simply through the subfloor it would be a descent option. I know there are commercial parts we could retrofit the couch to cinch it up against the sink cabinet as well. Still exploring options.

Any thoughts or ideas on this concept as well as lessons learned from anyone else trying to secure car seats would be greatly appreciated.

12-21-2020, 04:17 PM
Jim and Tere
Does yours have a dinette? If so, it may already have factory installed seat belts. You could use those anchors.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
12-21-2020, 04:31 PM
2Puppers
No dinette.
12-22-2020, 10:16 AM
Jim and Tere
Our 28' Regal, Old Blue, had seat belts for the couch. If yours does,too, it might give you and idea of how they are anchored

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny