Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Window Latches and window weep covers-'93 Breakaway
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Window Latches and window weep covers-'93 Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of srockn77
posted
So I'm looking to replace broken window latches on my new to me '93 Breakaway and also replace missing window weep covers. Seems like they are smaller than standard as of today and no RV parts shop I've called can find them. Any ideas?

Posts: 23 | Location: California | Member Since: 06-08-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srockn77:
So I'm looking to replace broken window latches on my new to me '93 Breakaway and also replace missing window weep covers. Seems like they are smaller than standard as of today and no RV parts shop I've called can find them. Any ideas?

I went right to the manufacturer Hehr. They got them right out to me.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
I suggest a couple dabs of epoxy on weep's contact edge.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of srockn77
posted Hide Post
D
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
quote:
Originally posted by srockn77:

I went right to the manufacturer Hehr. They got them right out to me.

I wasn't sure what the windows were, so I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Posts: 23 | Location: California | Member Since: 06-08-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of srockn77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate19:
I suggest a couple dabs of epoxy on weep's contact edge.

so on the inside edges of both weep holes? And what do the weep covers do? I have no idea.

Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Weep covers primarily are cosmetic. Some say they reduce the chance of a whistling sound. The epoxy will bond the cover to the window frame reducing the chance of the cover being lost during travels.

'92 Breakaway
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of srockn77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate19:
Weep covers primarily are cosmetic. Some say they reduce the chance of a whistling sound. The epoxy will bond the cover to the window frame reducing the chance of the cover being lost during travels.

O.K., makes sense. I'm missing quite a few so no big deal if they are missing, right?

Picture of srockn77
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, Doug. I checked both of those websites and the person assisting me couldn't find the right size to match my weep covers. Also, Hehr is no longer in operation. They got bought out by Lippert Components and I have a call into them. guess the weep covers stops water from coming inside the window but who knows!

Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Most RV windows are "sliders" that slide in tracks. The tracks have rain collect and the rain drains out the holes. No covers needed.

'92 Breakaway
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
It is mostly true that no covers are needed, but, I had to fashion covers for my front windows as the wind noise was bad while driving. I used a small dab of super glue to hold the existing covers on. I did find replacements but it was a long time ago, I think I found them at a surplus dealer during a Barth GTG at Elkhart.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post