Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Cab lights quit working
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Cab lights quit working
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Barth_Vader
posted
Replaced the rear brake light assemblies and cleaned up the rats nest wiring from a previous owner. Have the old wiring diagram. Not missing any wires and ran a new ground.

Posts: 48 | Location: austin tx | Member Since: 07-15-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Wiring is one of the topics most discussed here, either the factory, the chassis builder, time or a PO has messed it up.

Did you get yours in good stead?

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2054 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
would this apply???

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...191083962#1191083962

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barth_Vader
posted Hide Post
Topic was supposed to be cab lights. I think it may be the rocker switch on the dash.

Posts: 48 | Location: austin tx | Member Since: 07-15-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barth_Vader:
Topic was supposed to be cab lights. I think it may be the rocker switch on the dash.

That is a very likely guess! Mine was fried and jumpered around when I got the 86. Before I replaced my 24+ clearance and tail light bulbs with LED, I measured over 10 amps current. confusion After LEDs it is a little over 2 amps. New switch will last forever.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barth_Vader:
I think it may be the rocker switch on the dash.
Click Use Steve VW's suggestion and lighten up the amp draw with LED lights. Mechanic Then change the rocker switch on the dash. Thumbs Down

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post