Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Door Handle!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Door Handle!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of MatandAng
posted
Anyone know where you can get a replacement door handle. From what I understand it's the whole assembly. 1990 Barth Regal. Thanks guys!

Posts: 27 | Location: Rochester, NY | Member Since: 07-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the factory door handle? Is it worn out or just the handle sagging?

On mine, the handle would not fully go back to the middle position...it would flop down kind of like the old cars of the 1930's and 1940's would do....you had to manually move it each time. If you take the handle apart, there are 2 springs in the assembly. I went down to the hardware store, bought to springs the same diameter...they were too long so I had to cut them down in length, replaced and it works like new.

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MatandAng
posted Hide Post
No actually a family member of ours broke the actually handle that you turn downwords to get out of the RV. He has a new motorhome which door handles push towards the door so what we think he did was tried to push inwards and broke the handle right off in half. So we can't get out of the RV because it's busted right at end. From what it looks like we need the whole assembly.

Posts: 27 | Location: Rochester, NY | Member Since: 07-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

L-300 Bargman Flush Mount Lock

Flush-mount lock requiring a 4-5/8" x 4-7/8" opening in a 1-3/8" to 2" thick door. Plate measures 5-1/4" x 5-3/8" outside and 5-1/4" x 5-7/16" inside. Inside handle projects 1-21/32"(long lock pull) or 1-1/4" (short lock pull). Recessed outside handle. The locking mechanism is actuated with outside key or inside safety catch.

These have been discontinued - they also are known to lock you out just from closing the door.

The inside "door lock" plunger (black plastic piece) tends to bump in when jolted from a heavy door closing. I installed a longer bolt to keep it from moving and just use my deadbolt instead.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MatandAng
posted Hide Post
So you just took your dead bolt off the old one and use it on the new one? This the only place to get one I assume?

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MatandAng:
So you just took your dead bolt off the old one and use it on the new one?
I replaced the whole thing... Including the catch. Took 15 minutes total to do.
quote:
Originally posted by MatandAng:
This the only place to get one I assume?
You could buy it on Ebay for $250.00 instead of the $99.00 I linked to earlier. Thumbs Down

250.00 dollars!!! Eeker Crazy Huh? Roll Eyes

Honestly, I only did a quick check around - look a bit and you might find it cheaper. I think I paid $35.00 for the same part last year when I was in Milford.

L-300 Bargman Flush Mount Lock

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I clicked the link for the $99.00 to "Buy it Now" and it says that it is currently unavailable - either someone else beat you to the last one he had or he didn't have it to sell anyway. Frowner

If you find it for cheaper, let me know. Post a link back here.

here's one for $132.40

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of MatandAng
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill! I will let you know. Either way this one I don't have to pay for my sibling is going to since he was the one that broke it LOL! $250.00 that's a good one!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
Would just this inner assy do the job?

http://www.rvshop.com/BARGMAN-...DE-ASSY_p_69803.html

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
A little update to the spring job. After reading this thread I figured I'd get the slop out of my handle along with the sticky "down" position. Got it apart and stretched the springs just to see what happened. They pushed the cam, like a short popsicle stick, back into position, but when I trial fitted the mech it still stuck. Finally found a slot had been cut into the cam by the surface it rides against. Pop off the circlip and turn the cam around to put a new surface against the mechanism. Works fine, but the springs are so shot I'm replacing them anyway. Doug, I think they are 1/4" x about 1 1/2" long pusher springs, no ends to worry about. Hope this helps somebody else that was pulling their hair out wondering what the heck?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Drop one of the springs off & we'll get you fixed up.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Mat are you going to the get together this year?if not call me?I might have a solution. ANG if you want call, or PM me

lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post