Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    windshield visor / better coverage ?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

windshield visor / better coverage ?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
I think I asked this question before but unable to locate that thread..

Anyone have and or have suggestions on better coverage windshield visors? The ones in my Barth are, to say the least, pathetic and at least on one occasion, have required me to pull off the road until the sun had set as it was blinding me making it impossible to drive..

I found this Carefree product..

not interested in the power version..The manual one looks like it could work. I have seen these on passenger buses and they work well..

Tnx..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike and Cindi, long time no see/talk, hope all is well by y'all?
I have the same problem, I hate to shutdown going East in the morning. I have been looking also and if and when I find something I will post. I also agree to use the manual only! On my SOB, I had electric unit and it would occasionally do something on it's own.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I do recall that Tom Johns and Nick Cagle had a solution for the sun-beam blinding you while driving. I do expect to hear from one or both of them members. I have aircraft visors that were in my Barth when I purchased the rig. Photo bucket being our trouble spot, the photos of my visors are not available yet.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
On our trip around the country we had the top six inches of the windshield tinted fairly dark. Really made a difference.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nick Salute I knew you members had a solution. I could not remember the particulars.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I added a 6" silver reflecting strip to the top of the windshield. Problem solved and inspector said it was ok with him.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
thanks folks, any pics showing your windshields w/ those mods? Seems 6" might not be enough but am interested..

Mike W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post