Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Shower Leaking
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Shower Leaking
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I have a 28 ft. Regal with the rear bath. I am having a water leak from the bath tub. It exhibits it's self by water coming out on the back bumper. There is no water leaking inside the coach anywhere. I assume it must be the drain because my pump would keep cycling if it were in the water pipe. The question is, how the heck do you get to that drain. I can't see it when I crawl under the coach. do you have to take the whole bath tub out?? Any suggestions.

Thanks...

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a hidden leak from under my 35' regency in the bath area also. after removing the bath drawers and floor of the vanity as well as the bedroom floor with no success I discovered duel shutoff valves. turns out they were leaking up under the frame. they are for draining remaining water from bathroom pipes but the outlet hoses don't go below the frame. don't know if this is your problem or not but worth a second look. mine had a small amount of water in them that froze and ruined the shutoffs.

------------------

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Bill,

It leaks when it drains. I did the test. I plugged the drain and put a couple inches of water in the tup. While filling up the tub there was not leaking. As soon as I pulled the plug and voila. I also noticed that the drain follows behind the toilet. There is not moisture there. So it must be in the trap or close to it.

So to fix this I think I need to pull the toilet to get to the little opening to look down there.

One last question Bill, is the drain pipe and trap solidly fixed to the bath tub drain hole. When I look down there with a bright light, it appears like there is a ton of gunk in the trap. If the trap was blocked would the tup just fill up or would it overflow under the tub somewhere.

Thank again Bill, you are a real asset around these websites.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ironside, I just went out and checked every valve in the area and they all seem to work well. I am starting to think that I definately have a crack in the trap. Now, just to see if I get to it with out having to pull out the bathtub. I would seem to me that they would have some kind of entrance panel under the coach.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Man am I happy. My mobile RV guy just left. The trap wasn't cracked at all. The trap just fell off of the drain pipe. Roland of Rolands Mobile RV Service, took one of those ABS glue dabbers and taped it to a piece of welding rod. He was then able to dab glue on the top of the trap. He then levered it in place with a skinny piece of wood. It just cost $100.00 which is about $200.00+ less than I was imagining. Needless to say I am very happy.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer