Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Front Suspension.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Front Suspension.
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
I have a leak in one of the front air bladders in the coil spring, is it a major job to replace this bladder, also should I replace them both at the same time? I have a 1976 27ft Barth.

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year.

First of all, are you sure that you have a leak in the bag and not in the line going to the bag? Either way, you do not have to change both. But I think you will find that these airbags are really fairly inexpensive. They are only $72 for two fronts at Camping World http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=4961

If you are near a Camping World they are always having one of these 5 or 10 dollar installation installation specials. But check around because there are so easy to intall (for a mechanic that is, and not for me). That a guy that knows how to do it does not charge much.

Best of luck and let us know how it come out. I like a stable ride so I pump mine up to about 80 lbs.. However, for the first year of Barth ownership, I didn't even know they were there, and flat....

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 01, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 01, 2002).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The bags are usually sold in pairs. They usually fail from old age, so I would change both together. Not hard to change at all. The new bags are stiff when cold, so do it in a heated garage or at least warm the bag before stuffing it in. Cut the old bag into pieces and pull each piece out with a long nose vice grip.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited January 01, 2002).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by REGLOVER:
I have a leak in one of the front air bladders in the coil spring, is it a major job to replace this bladder, also should I replace them both at the same time? I have a 1976 27ft Barth.
THANKS MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP. I INSTALLED THE BLADDERS WITH YOUR HELP NO PROBLEMS . JUST HAD TO USE A FEW CHOICE WORDS BUT THE JOB WENT GREAT.
THANKS AGAIN RALPH

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that is a P-30 chev or GMC chassis the air bags might be original equipment. If so they should be still available at your local dealer. They can be purchased one at a time or in pairs.

Posts: 8 | Location: St.Paul, MN USA 55116-1707 | Member Since: 12-10-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post