Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    propane generator won't crank over
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

propane generator won't crank over
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I spent the whole day working on the 92 Breakaway 1st generator stopped cranking so I took out meter checked voltage and ohms 1st checked all connections nothing. I pulled the print board mounted on generator engine checked all capacitors and resistors cleaned board and plugged all ends in put back together still nothing. so I started checking all incoming plug connectors there it was a corroded pin to one of the in coming plugs replaced it started right up. Next replaced non locking lock on the propane door, then put a new water fill hose to water tank it had pin holes and started leaking. Good day in Barthland
Now to write a new list of repairs.

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It is good to have things working and you know they are OK.

Low 40's and rain here. Looks like my Barth work will be on hold for a while. Florida sounds good about now.

My coach is in getting new suspension parts, should be ready next week.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are you coming to Florida

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I plan to be at the Hillsborough GTG. Coach is in the shop getting new airbags and brakes, should be AOK for the trip.

We are looking forward to meeting some more members. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Evan & Holly,Will you be in Palm Beach over Xmas and The New Year this year?

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes anyone who wants to come stay with us are welcome

posted Hide Post
Steve call us I think you have my # if not let me know well be on West and east coast planning on lots of Barth miles this year