Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Windshield Wipers
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Windshield Wipers
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted
I had a heck of a time trying to find wipers. Well we finally found them in some old truck shop in Yuma. Maybe we were looking in the wrong places but we ran all the parts places in Yuma. We should have looked at truck shops? Just in case anyone has similar problem the exact match for my coach was Anco model ANC-52-20. This is the entire blade and holder exact match that takes 10 minutes to swap out. This is a 20" wiper blade assembly. Hope this helps someone down the line.

[edit: bill n.y.] See Below For Correct Wiper Blades

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1378 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info. I have looked, because mine are getting hard, but have not had any luck either. I will go with your info and see what I can find.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I like the Trico "64-201" it's a 3 Ridge 20" commercial duty blade made for heavier arm spring loads. I have recommended this blade in the past and it's what I have on my Barth.

NAPA also sells these same Trico wiper blades - Part Number: WIP 602071 it'll come in a NAPA Box, but it is a Trico "64-201"

I think (can't swear to it) the Anco 52-20 has less of a radius bend and it doesn't handle a heavier arm spring load - it might not give you full contact on the corner or tear easier if that's the case. Sadly, I couldn't find the specs on the ANCO website... Frowner

When the blade does a sweep, make sure the arm has plenty of room away from the glass, years of use, wrong blade arch and abuse could cause the arm to be "Too Close" to the windshield and this will lead to the windshield getting scraped up.

These blades, whatever the brand, might not make "Full Contact" if there is not enough tension on the arm. Sometimes, slightly bending the arm might give you better blade contact by giving you a better tension load.

Of course, bending an arm to give you better tension isn't meant to take the place of a weak spring arm. It's only meant to give you a better arch by getting the arm in a better position. Too much of a bend can cause the plastic clip to snap if it's not aligning properly and too much tension is placed in the wiper arm swivel.

Wiper sweep is an important consideration. Make sure that at high speed and wet, the wiper arm doesn't scrape up against the rubber windshield molding or go too far off the edge of the windshield.
quote:
TRICO 64 SERIES WIPER BLADES

64 Series blades are designed for heavy duty arms that have 48 oz. of load or more. These three bar blades may be used on both curved and flat windshields. Five part numbers available in lengths from 16 to 20 inches.
Do not use the TRICO 63-200 20"Wiper Blade. The TRICO 63 Series blades are designed for less than 48 oz. of load.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the Trico "64-201" it's a 3 Ridge 20" commercial duty blade made for heavier arm spring loads. I have recommended this blade in the past and it's what I have on my Barth.

Bill when I got to Yuma I had no rubber on the blades so we went looking. I needed them right now! I never thought it would be so hard to find one to replace. Now that I have it sitting at home and have time I can see the Trico is a heavier pressure blade and will order a pair and keep the others for emergency backups. Thanks for jumping in. I would have hated for someone to put the Anco on and had issues because not enough pressure or durability.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1378 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
Thanks bill for the info. I will go looking for those.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
I had serious trouble locating Trico blades 64-201
The best I could do was Amozon, etc. on line with some substantial shipping charges. I sent an E-mail to Trico and received a reply from Dawn Gonzalez stating the 64-201 is "branded under the NAPA name, the part interchange number is 60-2071", if not in stock they can order it.............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trico blades 64-201

Easy find just go to Amazon.com. I had them in less than a week. Replaced and have the others as spares. A whole world of difference. Much heaveier duty blade than the Amco blade.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Talk about a timely post! We have been unhappy with our wiper blades since we bought our Barth 6 years ago. It has 24" wiper blades and have been slapping the end trim and doing a poor job of wiping, particularly in the center of the windshield. I was going to log on this morning to ask if anyone knew what the original blades were! I will look around for the 64-201 Trico's this morning! Happy Barth'ing.

Breaux Bridge GTG 3 days away......

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.