Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Windshield Wipers
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Windshield Wipers
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:

Of course, bending an arm to give you better tension isn't meant to take the place of a weak spring arm.

I wonder if a new (or stronger) spring would be worth hunting down.

Anybody got a source?

Anybody know what arm a gasser Barth uses?

Our airliners had adjustable arm tension, and had to be just right to work properly. Pilots get crabby when they can't see out.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carlflack:
I had serious trouble locating Trico blades 64-201
The best I could do was Amozon, etc. on line with some substantial shipping charges. I sent an E-mail to Trico and received a reply from Dawn Gonzalez stating the 64-201 is "branded under the NAPA name, the part interchange number is 60-2071", if not in stock they can order it.............

Amazon has the silver version (64-200) for ten dollars. I don't know the shipping because I pay a yearly fee for a lot of free shipping there. It might be worth a look, though.

BTW, the refill for the 64-200 or 201 is Trico 72-200. NAPA's site doesn't cross reference it, but my notes say their 602008 is what I used last.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
It is interesting to note that the second page of that site shows a 64 series for a 20 inch blade, but shows 67 series for longer blades.

Anybody know what the difference between series is?
if you notice, the first 2 digits after the series is the length.

201 is a 20" blade. - it follows the same sequence no matter what the size is. 221 is 22", 241 is 24" etc...

The 64 series is a medium arch blade - 67 series is a much higher arch - it does not appear that they make a 67-201.

So, for a 22" blade you'll go with a 67-221... for a 24" blade you'll go with a 67-241 and this is rated for the higher spring arm tension.

If Tom can get a 22" or 24" blade on there, those might work better for him.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Bill, for the solution to the sightline problem have you considered converting to pantograph type wipers?

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
Bill, for the solution to the sightline problem have you considered converting to pantograph type wipers?

Hmmmmm............that's a thought. Either that or an adjustable height seat. I guess they are better because the Regencies had them. I wonder, though, better in what way?

If they wiped farther up the glass, I would definitely be interested.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
You pretty much have a vertical side to side wipe. Since you would be starting fresh you could almost wipe from top to bottom.
I think there is less potential for lift because of the motion and the construction but mother nature may not agree.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
Just bought a set of 64-201s from NAPA for my GMC.

Went to the store in the morning [none in-stock] ...shipped to the store by 1700, later that day.

$15.49 per blade plus tax.

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
I had a heck of a time trying to find wipers. Well we finally found them in some old truck shop in Yuma. Maybe we were looking in the wrong places but we ran all the parts places in Yuma. We should have looked at truck shops? Just in case anyone has similar problem the exact match for my coach was Anco model ANC-52-20. This is the entire blade and holder exact match that takes 10 minutes to swap out. This is a 20" wiper blade assembly. Hope this helps someone down the line.

[edit: bill n.y.] See Below For Correct Wiper Blades

Bill,
I went north last week and it rained both ways. I had to stop and switch my blades back to the Anco Model ANC 52 20. I sure liked the look at of the ones you recommended (Trico "64-201" it's a 3 Ridge 20" commercial duty blade made for heavier arm spring loads). Maybe my springs are weak? They would not wipe the center of their wipe. They wouldn't flaten out to clean their wipe. The Anco worked great but being not as heavy duty sure won't last as long. I will see about getting new springs but for now I can drive and see.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the manufacturer & part number for the pantograph arms? I finally got the correct blades but they are very narrow at the attachment point.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.