Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Nose Does it Again
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Nose Does it Again
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Good deal !

I'm gonna say that if you were down here it would Redneck engineering Big Grin

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Nice job Duane you are almost there. I know you would be much happier in a puddle so I am working on sending you some water.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We all know how much Duane loves that fresh cool Minnesnowta meltwater! ROTFLMAO Hide

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
That meltwater is the only thing keeping me from commissioning Timtation next week. To paraphrase CCR, I see bad flooding arising. I see trouble on its way. I see water and lightnin'. I see coming flood today. Don't go boat tonight It's bound to take your prop You will be in the shop There's a bad flood on the rise.
Hide

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
We had 70 degrees today, bet Minnesnowta is melting, our pool 13 went up about a foot, so Tim it is headed your way! Thanks Dana, lets get it over with before permanent warm weather! 90 days to Maiden Rock!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Rainy and cool day, not wanting to get under Ole Nose. Lots of rain, mixed with the melt from Minnesnowta Tim is going to get flooded, they closed the flood gates in town and have the pumps running, funny because we are like 4 foot below flood level, they must be expecting more than the Corps of Engineers is forecasting.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Got off my lazy behind today, Installed the Gilmer pulleys, got a new shorter belt to drive the power steering unit and got the Gilmer belt hooked up too. Was a bit concerned about it being close to the water pump inlet, but has about .375 inch clearance, so all looks good! I have 5 spare belts for the old V-Belt system. Now need to get a new back-up power steering and Gilmer belts.

The power steering pump will spin a bit slower now and as we know the P30 barely has enough ump to steer at low speed, curious what it will have now.

This may be a mistake but I reinstalled the 90 AMP alternator instead of the 60 AMP.

So just need to reinstall the radiator. electric fans, go for a test drive. Hope the weather holds till finished.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So Ole Nose fired up with new a Balancer, Gilmer Pulleys and a new power steering V-Belt.

There is a bit of whine in the Gilmer system, but it was kinda expected. The 90 amp alternator puts out about 12.5 volts at idle but goes up to almost 14 volts at 1000 RPM. The power steering seems ok, even with the smaller crankshaft pully, That's a pleasant surprise.

So now to button up a few loose cooling hoses and transmission cooling lines, go for a test run, pretty confident things are ok though...Whoopie!!!! Bring on spring!!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Mechanic Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Good deal Salute

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Been absorbed following your venture. The virtual knuckle busting is painful. We're all pulling for you. The market will soar on your forthcoming good news.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Dana is sending me water and the sky is helping out too, lots of rain! Tim get ready the flood is in sight!!

Did not get things squared away for test drive and probably will not until the weekend, cold and wet for the next day or two.

Geez gas is so cheep, it would be nice to take a little trip south!!!

Thanks to all for the good thoughts!!!! Thumbs Up

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Congrats and best wishes on the test ride. Going for a trip sounds good until you figure in all the closures. Frowner Get the water south and then don't send any more than what the ground can absorb! Farmers gotta plant and campers gotta drive, wanna get my boat on the river before I die, can't help lovin' that sunshine and wine. Apologies to Porgie and Bess.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Got Ole Nose down off the jack stands. Buttoned up the loose hoses, cleaned up the tools all over the place and hit the road!

Test drive went very well!!! Only went up to 65 mph, because I only checked the front tires pressure. There is somewhat of a hum from the Gilmer belt, and the new power steering belt broke in and squealed on sharp turns at low RPM, just needs to tightened. Pretty happy with the changes. Total trip about 30 miles.

Anyone want to come over and wash the winter grime from the body and vacuum the inside. Sure made a mess out of the interior, might even have to get the carpet cleaned. I pay in beer!!!

So the river is just about ready to flood, I hope its over quickly!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!