Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Air Brake Dash Knob..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Air Brake Dash Knob..
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
Anyone had to replace this.. ? Mine is starting to crack and I have lost a small piece of it.. Hate to have the whole thing go sometime when not 'convienient', so to speak..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Mike, I have not had to replace the Air Parking Brake knob. I have removed the knob by drifting out the roll pin. The knob is a standard knob found on most vehicles equipped with air parking brakes. It is probably as common as air valve stem in the tires on your coach. Replacement is simple. In the event the plastic knob would break off on a trip you will be able to attach a pair of locking pliers (trade name = Vice-Grip) to the steel rod. Vice-grips will enable you to operate the valve. I keep Vice-Grip pliers and a few tools in my bus in the galley drawer.
Some other tools were in the BaRTH when I purchased the rig. I travel with lots of different tools in the basement. Most of our members keep tools in the basement. Richard has benefitted by the assortment of tools I travel with most recently. Richard needed an eleven millimeter die for his Brake Buddy.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
My MCC by Barth Air Brake Dash Knob was replaced
while they ere doing the b--annual safety inspection
at Parts for Trucks in Dartmouth NS.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post