Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    HWH Leveler Problem
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

HWH Leveler Problem
 Login now/Join our community

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The door on my "rock-solid" Barth would bind in some circumstances when it was leveled with the jacks on uneven ground. It liked best to sit on its wheels on level ground. Indeed, the fit of my screen door depended on temperature, & whether it was in sunlight or shade.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
well my leveling stands are leaking havent looked closely ! thought possiably o rings old and cracked i guess i was wrong! 84 regency ! is there a rebuild kit ! 2 leaking or should i just refill!

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Contact HWH Service @ 877-494-6466. They offer reman cylinders if that is in-fact what is leaking.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 374 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there a certain fluid to use in the hydralic/trans hydrallic,,?

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The instructions for my HWH levelers said to use Dexron II transmission fluid. My reservoir was a cylinder mounted horizontally, with a cap on top. As I recall, the instructions on refilling the reservoir were, with jacks fully retracted, fill to within an inch or so of the top. I used one finger joint for a measure since the top of the reservoir wasn't visible.

I topped my reservoir just after I bought the coach. One jack leaked enough so that after a week or so extended, the base would be wet. But in three years of use, the level didn't drop enough to require topping up, even though the jacks were extended for about three months total, each year.

Now this is all from memory. There must be someone out there with the instruction book, & if I'm incorrect, I don't mind being corrected.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
My hwh instructions said to use tranny fluid as well. As far as Rob and Kim are concerned, check out the lines themselves...my lines were not leaking at the joints at all but right thru the line itself because they were dry.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have one leveler that leaks! trans fluid tks .. thought that was gonna be a dumb question.. hydralic jacks hydralic fluid! glad i asked tks tranny fluid is cheaper