Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1969-early 73 Barth Windshields: Guardian 4788-ID and 4789-DD
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1969-early 73 Barth Windshields: Guardian 4788-ID and 4789-DD
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
One of our members has 2 new windshields that fit the early Barth coaches, 1969 to early 1973. To my knowledge, these are the only new pair to be found. In fact, we don't know any OEM application for this glass, other than Barth.

I spoke to her recently and she has not sold them. I suggested I would do some more research to find the original application for them, to cross reference and perhaps generate other desperate buyers for her.

No luck so far. I have had poor wifi this month, will resume soon. In the meantime, I suggested we create a new thread. several reasons:

New thread title with the Guardian numbers, to be more specific for search engines. The previous thread showed the numbers in the photos but did not include them in the title or text.

Another chance for early Barth owners who are infrequent site visitors, to see the windshields.

Outside Google hits might bring information about other vehicle applications looking for the same glass.

Maybe get a buyer for the windshields. The owner had to scrap the Barth but the spare windshields she kept. I told her not to get rid of them, some one will need them. I have arranged to pick them up this summer when I visit Colorado, if they haven't sold by then.

Meanwhile, the owner is no longer a frequent site lurker, so if you are interested, contact me.

Driver side

passenger side

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5169 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the research and offer to pick up! Thumbs Up

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I couldn't let these be lost. java

I had a 54 Chev station wagon that needed a windshield. Turns out it is about 1 1/2 inches taller than the 54 sedan and therefore even more rare… It took me a year to find one, it came from Mexico.

For someone who needs these, it would be a godsend to find them. They may well be the only set in existence. I have asked for them by Guardian number, every glass supplier I've found does not have them.

The logical place would be to ask Guardian but they are huge… I've not found a live person to ask about obsolete products. That is the trail I'm still running with.

I just hope we can get them to someone who needs them. Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5169 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of makeabet2me
posted Hide Post
How much for the 2 windshields? I really need new windshields. I don't have a lot of money to spend as I am homeless (living in motorhome on the streets). I am very interested in getting new windshields. My email is: mdjoyce123@yahoo.com
Thank you

Posts: 3 | Location: S.F. Bay Area, Calif. | Member Since: 12-01-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The owner lives near Denver. She is asking $100 each for them. I emailed you, let me know if you're interested.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
Hello,
I am certainly interested in the windshields. At $100 a bargain. Arranging shipping would be the trick.I will measure mine to be sure. And get back to you. I have been told that the windshield is shared with a GM cabover called the General

Posts: 27 | Location: Berkeley Ca. | Member Since: 01-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
These fit the very early Barth coaches, we're not sure what else. The "normal" Barth windows were the DW730 and 731 which were OEM for 80's GM Astro cabover trucks. If your coach is the older style these are probably the only windshields in the country that fit it. Hope we can help.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
Steve,
I measured my windshield, and it is a good 10 inches taller. The length is good. Wow, what a narrow windshield. It is a shame.Crating and shipping was only $250 to Berkeley. I will just keep looking. I really just need drivers side, but what an opportunity, if only.

Posts: 27 | Location: Berkeley Ca. | Member Since: 01-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You need the later one. PPG DW731

I think they are still available from www.windshieldstogo.com give them a try. Let us know what they quote.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
Hello,
Well windshields to go says they do not have a windshield for a Barth. The name is not in they're books. She left no room for argument. But thanks for the tip

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
They should be able to reference by 87-88 GMC Aluminum tilt cab, cabover truck…

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Newer Barths use PPG DW730 (Passenger) and DW731 (Driver). I know these are correct because I've had both of mine replaced.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, are the windshields still avalable? i have a 19 foot barth i am restoring and someone threw a brick and broke my driverside windshield and cracked the passenger side. Thanks Rick

Posts: 1 | Location: ojai Ca | Member Since: 08-10-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
They should be available. The owner moved from east coast to Denver area. She is not on this site often, I will contact her and I will get back to you.

Send me a PM with your email I will keep in touch faster.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of snakedriver
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in these windshields as spares, if they are still available.

1972 Barth 25', 402 big block, TH400 transmission, work in progress!

Posts: 21 | Location: Stafford VA | Member Since: 11-13-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post