Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Head light assembly 86
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Head light assembly 86
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted
In working on my wipers I also got into the headlight assembly on the pass side which some how before I bought Mr Barth was damagerd..Not sure how as the boby is not damaged.. Any way I have discovered that the housing which holds the headlights and turn signal assembly is from an 84 cadillac fleetwood or deville...If anyone was needed this info I just thought it was a nice thing to know... My unit is damaged and I cannot properly aim the head lights and the turn signal assembly was held in by 1 screw.. It was costly but I did find a cadillac head panel and turnsignal assembly which is coming to me... Hope fully my update will say another thing fixed and off the to do list...
Remember I have a 1986 28 ft regancy... I found a cadillac emblem on the head light housing and that is what got me going in that direction.. I do hope this helps some one but know all of you you probably already knew this I was just not smart enough to ask.. I'll updater witth results...

John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio
If you see this... You found me

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted Hide Post
Just an update... On the turn signal lense which was also broken... I got the replacement from a 1984 Cadillac fleetwood the basic assembly is the same but a few things are different... The lense of the caddie piece is clear and has an emblem on it... and the lense is not as deep as the Barth lense...
I am cutting the lense cover off (with great care) of the Barth unit in the hopes I can cut the one off the caddie unit and replace it with the BArth unit.... GM really gludded these pieces together... other tthan the lack of depth of the caddie unit they seem to be the same.. Boy talkabout a minor replacement getting a little crazy.... I do hope this helps someone... the header panel is due to be delivered Thrusday from South Dakota I am sure there will be some modifications there to..

John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio
If you see this... You found me

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post