Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Sway Bar
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sway Bar
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted
OK...Now that I've suckered enticed you into coming here to look at this post, let's get on with it.

While I was under the coach looking at the brake problem, I noticed one of my rear sway bar bushings was, shall we say "deteriorated". OK, it was completely gone. I had replaced the front sway bar bushings a couple years ago, but I hadn't even thought that the rear sway bar bushings might need to be replaced as well.

So while I was out and about today. I stopped into a couple of stores to check on the availability of bushings for the rear sway bar. Much to my surprise I found no one had any listing of a rear sway bar for this unit, (and yes, this time I did check NAPA first). There was no mention in the Moog catalog or Federal-Mogul of a rear sway. The thing looks to be stock. The only difference between it and the one on the front is the diameter of the rear one is 1/16 of an inch smaller. The frame bushings look the same as the ones on the front. The outboard bushings look similar to

this

The only difference would be the size. I'm not finding anything that comes in a one-inch diameter. So my question to the other three or four people here that have the same coach me is;
Do you have a rear sway bar? And if so, have you ever replaced the bushings.

Mark & LeAnna
1973 Barth 25 L
402 cid
P30 Chassis

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post