Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Regency wiper arm
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Regency wiper arm
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
We are in south Texas and went through a good rain yesterday when suddenly the driver's side wiper stoppd wiping! Fortunately we made a campground just off I10 and the sky cleared.
Problem is, a big hunk of the wiper arm hub that fits on the shaft that comes out of the coach has broken off. Looks to be pot metal and so now the drive shaft just rotates back and forth inside the arm. It is held on with a cap nut, so I'm gonna move the passenger side unit over, but need to find a replacement unit eventually.
Am I gonna have trouble finding an oem or generic replacement unit for a 90 Regency.
Thanks
Don and Patty ... heading to Az.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Nick Cagle posted some information about Rome Trucks in Georgia. Try them here .
They can probably help you. You might try some Rain X until you can get it repaired.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Odds are there's nothing exotic about your wiper setup. There aren't a whole lot of different manufacturers. Take the broken parts into your nearest NAPA store. Don't brag about the fancy motor home they came from. Just throw yourself on the mercy of the counter man. If he doesn't have 'em in stock, he can probably get them for you by next day.

Why do I say NAPA? On balance over the years I've found them more professional & helpful than chains that cater mainly to the do-it-yourself-er looking for the cheapest price. Many local parts houses are equally competent & helpful, but few have the nationwide system that supports NAPA stores.

If NAPA isn't convenient, try any parts house. Just don't set them off by hitting too hard on the motor home aspect. Parts in hand give the counterman the best clue as to what you need.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Tons of wiper system parts at:

www.millsupply.com

Maybe your part is there too......

Go to Stepvan Parts catalog, then to Wipers section

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Your wiper is an ANCO 57-09 blade and the arm you need is also available from Ryder Fleet Products 1-800-759-6479. It is listed as a stock item for a Freightliner under ANCO 44-50. It comes with the washer hose built in. They can ship directly to you. You should check the acorn nut and consider replacing with a stainless nylock nut to keep this from happening again.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Don, I have an invoice dated 11/12/01 from the previous owner of my coach for the rebuild parts for the wipers from Rome Truck Parts in Rome, Ga.

GS-22656 Outr Mtg Hdw w/Panto $26.50 ea

PEP KIT #45-4 KIT.APII W/S wiper $53.64 ea

He had ordered the parts to rebuild the wipers. I still have one set each of parts. If I can help any further, let me know.

Happy Holidays!
sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
A very Merry Christmas and a real big thanks to everyone for the help on this one.
Donand Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
Just had a good experience working-with Kristen Kent at Rome Truck Parts.

Replaced one Pantograph Wiper Arm [Sprague Industries] -and- have just ordered a new wiper fluid resevior [also Sprague]

Wiper Arm: Sprauge 6750-00-BW $61.40
Washer Jug: Sprague W-407 $7.35

-plus shipping-

What you will need to provide when ordering a wiper arm:

1. Make, Model, Year and Chassis of coach?
2. Pantograph -or- Single Arm?
3. Measurement of Arm [eyelet -to- eyelet]?
4. Bent -or- Straight?
5. Width of Bridge [if Pantograph]?

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post