Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1975 Barth Class C
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1975 Barth Class C
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of lester hannahs
posted
Hi,
We need help with our furnace and water heater.
we bought a beautiful 1975 Barth class C and do not know how to get furnace,water heater,etc going. Our paper work that came with the vehicle does not include any instructions!!
We also need and adapter for the electric!!Help
Sherry and Lester

Posts: 13 | Location: barnesville,ohio | Member Since: 10-08-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
Hello Sherry and Lester,
If I recall correctly our 76 had a Coleman furnace. You can open the door to the furnace from the inside of the Barth and see a little round window that will allow you to see the flame once ignited. There should be an in-line shut on/off valve in the line feeding propane to the furnace. Turn it on and locate a button which will operate an ignitor. While pressing the ignitor there is another button to hold which will allow the pilot to light, hold that button for a minute or until the pilot will stay lit without the button being held. Press the ignitor to see a spark in the window. Repeat until it lights. I imagine on the inside of the furnace door you will find instruction similar to these in perhaps a more readable form.
The hot water tank will be a similar situation accessible from outside. You may have to use a match and hold it in the vicinity of the pilot light while holding the prime button.

In both instance be sure the control knob is set to the correct position for the lighting procedure. Be careful not to blow yourselves up, propane appliances can be dangerous. I hope I have not, but I may have missed something important.

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lester hannahs
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,
Thanks for your reply.
We are waiting for the rain here at Camp Lejeune, NC to stop and we will then try to get everything going. We will be in touch
Sherry

Posts: 13 | Location: barnesville,ohio | Member Since: 10-08-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post