Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    AIR HORN TANK AND SPOT LIGHT
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

AIR HORN TANK AND SPOT LIGHT
 Login now/Join our community

posted
HELP I HAVE A 86 REGAL 31FT P-30 454.WHERE IS THE AIR TANK AND COMPRESSOR LOCATED,ALSO HOW IS THE AIR HORN TURNED ON??? MY SPOT LIGHT ONLY WORKS UP AND DOWN SOME WHAT,ANY IDEA'S OR NAME OF SUPPLIER.THANK FOR ANY HELP

------------------

Posts: 22 | Location: LINCOLN PARK, MICHIGAN USA | Member Since: 03-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I have an '85 P-30. It used to have a vacuum operated compressor located on the driver's side of the firewall under the doghouse. Mine was dead and I replaced it with the new electric pump-Hadley no longer makes the rebuild kit for the old vacuum compressor. The air storage tank is on the passenger side behind the headlights. You can get to it by removing the coolant tank and cutting the 1/8"x1" strapping used to hold the coolant tank-just put a splice repair to rehang the coolant tank. The electric solenoid is attached to the tank. It can get clogged with crud-moisture and debris pumped in through the compressor. Hadley has a detailed cleaning procedure on their website. I tried it but went ahead and bought a new one. This switch activates the horns-mine is through the horn button. You may need a new switch for the spotlight-you can try cleaning it with electric contact spray cleaner. Good luck. I hope this helps-I've been through this project. Ed

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
posted Hide Post
Good morning ,I want to thank everyone who made comments on the air horn ,I had been searching for days 1988 Regal 33Ft,I found my vacuum compressor tank and solenoid behind the front bumper,now to verify it works ,I took the cover plate off of the horn and blew the crap out of it reassembled ,now that i found the source i will determine if a new compressor is needed ,I like what i see has been done(from other post)and probably will be doing something similar

Posts: 4 | Location: Dryden Ontario Canada | Member Since: 01-05-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post