Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    New Cummins 5.9L engine in my Breakaway
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Cummins 5.9L engine in my Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Sorry guys and Gals, I have had a LONG repair on my Breakaway. Not much time to spend here on the Barthmobile site.

The engine in my Breakaway had 330000 miles on it and was getting tired, further I tried to bump the power abit. I did an inframe overhaul and that turned out to be disastrous! Probably if I had left it alone it would have gone to at least 500,000 miles but was getting boring!

I now have installed a NEW Cummins 350+ HP 5.9L engine in and it is GREAT. Finally FUN to drive! GREAT power and virtually no smoke,a little bit off the line but I am working on getting that lower.

I am working now on a full write up with pictures of my overhaul and subsequent instillation of the new engine. This may take a few days but I am not that fast getting pictures and write up done.

More later

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Great, sure would like to observe the trials and tribulations you went through!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post