Barthmobile Portal
Beware of Spartan

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/3793996987

05-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Richard_Muise
Beware of Spartan
I have ordered parts from Spartan twice in the recent past and both times, they sent me the wrong parts! Anyone have a source of chases parts that's good for older units like ours?

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis
05-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Evan & Holly
Someone said try www.the bus guy.com
05-22-2017, 08:01 AM
Richard_Muise
I am stunned! I wrote a letter to the CEO of Spartan and within 48 hours, I got a phone call from one of their head honchos, apologizing for my inconvenience, offering to reimburse me for my last two orders of back parts and even the labor for removing the springs the first time. Stay tuned.

05-22-2017, 10:42 AM
MWrench
Good to hear Richard! While I have not had many troubles with getting repair parts, some things have changed in their data base. No sure if it was done correctly. Always have your VIN number handy and insist that they go to their microfiche for part numbers and cross check.

Even that may not work as Steve VW reported they have his listed with disk rear brakes and he has drum brakes.

As mentioned, the bushings I receive from Cummins were in fact not correct, The diameter and length of the outer shell were correct but the inner sleeve was almost 1/2 inch too short. Found replacement parts here locally, same part that you had to get.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater
05-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Richard_Muise
Ed, Glad to hear you resolved your issue as well. I did give them the VIN number and still got the wrong parts. They promised to call me when they figure out what went wrong.

05-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Rusty
Your experience is odd - the opposite of mine. The only glitches were the rubber bushings for the panhard rod and an extra brake hose when I replaced them all.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields