Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Fresh water tank fill
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fresh water tank fill
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted
Unable to find a water tank filler inlet on the 88 Regal, 25 footer. Tank is in the back centered half under the bed half under the shower. Only seems to have a campground, city water inlet on the drivers side about center coach. Have opened every access door on the coach looking for a for a fill access to the tank.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
You just hook up city water to coach turn fill switch
on control panel to turn solenoid on and tank should fill. When it is full solenoid turns off.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Found a hand valve under the bed, opened it and Boom, city water into the tank!

Craig, will check for that auto fill, however next to the hand valve was a loose hot wire that I taped off, wonder if the auto fill has been removed.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Found a hand valve under the bed, opened it and Boom, city water into the tank!

Craig, will check for that auto fill, however next to the hand valve was a loose hot wire that I taped off, wonder if the auto fill has been removed.

Duane, If you have a solenoid valve it may look like the one in this picture although the solenoid wiring is removed, since the picture is the fresh water tanks out of the Barth.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duane, If you have a solenoid valve it may look like the one in this picture although the solenoid wiring is removed, since the picture is the fresh water tanks out of the Barth.

Some PO removed the electric valve and replaced it with a hand valve, its ok just have to remove a drawer to get at the valve to fill the tank.

To drain the tank, have to open the hatch access, remove the mattress, real pain!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
My manual fill valve is slightly lower right of the solenoid valve. The manual fill or the solenoid fill valve will fill both tanks, because I installed the 1 1/2 inch equalizer piping between the tanks. It equalizes only when the blue valve handle is open. I can also fill tanks from driver or passenger side of the Barth.

When sterilizing me system, I dump a quart of bleach in the garden hose than hook the hose up to home water. I leave the tanks for a day. Then I drain and refill with fresh water. This little trick was included with my previous owners Barth file box. It was an old magazine article, I am sure Bud used when he traveled to Florida for the winter. Do not over bleach because bleach will harden polybutylene plumbing.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post