Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Pantographic wipers
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Pantographic wipers
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of brumi
posted
Hi
I recently had a failure of my wiper system. We have what is known as pantographic wiper arms. That means two arms per wiper blade rather than one arm.
The two arms consist of a driven arm and an idler arm. The driven arm is powered and the idler arm just pivots.
The pivot is located on the black oval shaped piece where the arms attach to the coach. The pivot broke on my drivers side and required a complete new oval shaped piece.
AM equipment ( Oregon---Phone # 541-327-1546 ) is an oem supplier of pantographic wiper systems.
A quick call and $12.65 got me a new original adaptor plate, ( black oval piece ), gasket, and cap nut.
Just letting forum members know of the source for all things wipers on a Barth if you have a pantographic system

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
Is this something that can be converted to? What year model do you have? Do you have pics?

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
Jeff
If you have wipers that have two arms per wiper blade ( as most Barths ) then you have what is known as pantographis wiper arms. This type of systwm is common to buses, RVs etc.
I am just listing a source for parts that I found helpful in repaairing them if needed

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
i have single arms. Show me what I am missing someone?

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsloan:
i have single arms. Show me what I am missing someone?

All Barth gassers I have seen have single arm wipers.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
The air operated wipers on Regencies are pantographic. I bought two new complete OEM pantographic arm and blades systems from Rome Truck Parts in Rome Ga. They are made by Sprague Devices.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And pantographic arms and other electric wiper motor parts are here at RusrtRepair/Mill Supply. Choose P70/100/1200.

Pantographic arms use a follower arm to keep the blades in the same orientation (vertical) throughout the stroke. This results is somewhat better coverage.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post