Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    window blinds
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

window blinds
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
The passenger side living room window blind needs to be replaced. I raise it by simply pushing up on the bottom of the blind assembly. The cord has frayed and has jammed everything up. It will not go up or down.

I would take it apart and replace the cord, but I'm not sure where to buy it. I also don't know if it is a simple procedure; I think it isn't easy to do.

Since I'm lazier than cheap, I am looking into simply replacing the whole blind. Does anyone know where to buy such a blind? It might be a levelor but I don't know. I have tried several stores in the area without success. It is 86" long, 28" high, and 1" thick.

An alternative would be these day/night shades that I see in new motorhomes, but again I don't know who sells them. Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
camping world has a line of shades...

Posts: 23 | Location: millville, n.j. | Member Since: 10-28-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks. I remember looking at Camping World, but they didn't come wide enough. I'll check with the company that supplies them (and recheck my measurements).

The day night shades sure are nice though. If I replace one, I should replace both in the front 'living room'.

Thanks again.

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you may have Duette Shades, like we do. They are honeycombed and provide a little extra insulation when they are pulled down. They are made by Hunter-Douglas and are sold in blind/shade specialty stores. In most cases you can custom order any size you need, but they are a little pricy. A salesman in the store in Tucson gave us a couple yards of cording to replace the frayed one we had.

------------------
Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post