Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Battery Question
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Battery Question
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
OK, I just used my Multimeter for the first time. My Coach batteries (after sitting for a couple weeks but plugged in) read 13.2 VDC my engine battery was at 11.5 VDC. When I start the engine the coach batteries pop up immediately to 15.4 and the engine to 13.5. Any comments???

Is this a good place to be. And how I tell if my Acc. Start Switch works??

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Actually, you know what? I just hooked my deep cell battery charger up to the engine battery and it is at 0% charge. The coach batteries are at 100% charge. I am going to let it set on there for about an hour. I have another challenge in as much as it is obvious that the converter is charging the house battries but not the engine battery.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK, here we go with Dave's Battery diary...

It has been charging for an hour and it is at around 25% charge.

This is what I think happened. When the alternator belt broke. I think I probably drove it for around two days before I realized that that my volt meter bottomed out. So when the battery finally ran out of steam we were about 100 miles from home. So that battery was totally discharged. Like I say for some reason the converter is not charging the engine battery. OR, it just charges it real slow. But obviously, I have some voltage in that battery because I can start the coach... Well, I am going to totally charge the batter and then see how long it take to loose the charge if it does.

Any comments or instructions would be appreciated.

And, pretend I am an 8 year old and don't know anything...which is pretty close to the truth..

------------------

<Kajtek1>
posted
dave .. if you read the coach manual - you�ll find a note saying, that converter never charges engine battery. Can you start the engine without using "emergency start�?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post