Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Please explain tech. Data
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Please explain tech. Data
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello Steve VW,

In one of your posts (Replacement for GM 467513 6 port valve) you mentioned this:

The original wire from the selector switch goes to the relay coil. (Red wire in the photo) The new 12V power and ground wires go to the relay center contacts, the two wires from the valve motor go the the other relay contacts.

Later in your post you gave a link to DPDT 12v continuous power relay on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell%...-Power/dp/B008MU0MRQ

Well, I got it. The problem is, it is an 8 pin relay. So, sorry to say, your instructions are, we'll, kind of confusing. The relay has 6 pins grouped together; the two middle pins are "commons". The two lower coil pins are + and -. I take it the one original red wire goes to the coil +, and the - negative coil terminal goes to a chassis ground.

But where do the switch wires (D & E) from the new switch, go? Also, where do the new power + & - from the ignition circuit go? Do I ignore the two "common" terminals?

Please, I am exhausted. I'm an old man. Please make this very simple.

Thanks so much.

Posts: 1 | Location: Deming, New Mexico  | Member Since: 04-14-2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Barthmobile site! Hopefully I can help you.

The purpose of the the relay is to provide reversible power to the selector valve. 12V + and - are connected to the common terminals, 5 and 6. Terminals 1 and 2 are connected to the selector valve wires. Terminal 1 is also cross connected to terminal 4. Terminal 2 is cross connected to terminal 3.

In the resting position, 12V+ goes from terminal 5 to terminal 1 and out to the selector. 12V- goes from terminal 6 to terminal 2 and out to the selector. (terminal 1 is + and terminal 2 is -)

When the relay transfers, 12V+ goes from terminal 5 to terminal 3, then crosses over to terminal 2 and out to the selector. 12V- goes from terminal 6 to terminal 4, then crosses over to terminal 1. (terminal 1 is now - and terminal 2 is now +)

Whenever the wires are reversed the selector valve motor runs and drives the valve from one end to the other, changing fuel flow from one set of ports to the other.

I hope this helps. (I also inserted this diagram in the original thread, maybe it will be more straightforward for others to use.) From one old man to another, good luck with your project. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
"Quite simple my dear Watson". Great medicine for those with "problems".

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post