Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Tech Talk: please include additional information
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tech Talk: please include additional information
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
With so many members now posting in the forum with many different year, model, chassis, power train, I believe it would be very helpful if you have a technical question:

Post what year, model, chassis, power train you have at the beginning of your post.

Or:

Post what year, model, chassis, power train you have in a signature at the bottom. That way you only have to type it once forever.

Hopefully, that will get you fast and accurate answers to your specific questions, problems.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Either that or in a signature at the bottom. That way you only have to type it once forever.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Good idea Bill!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Either that or in a signature at the bottom. That way you only have to type it once forever.
Here is a 5 step tutorial on how to set up a signature profile as mentioned above.

1) You need to be signed in...

2) Click here for your personal zone - members profile page.

3) On that page click on the link, to the right, titled View/Edit Complete Profile

4) Scroll down to the Signature area and type the relevant information into the box.

5) Make sure you save it by clicking the "Submit" button! You'll need to scroll all the way down to see it.

From now on, each time you post, that information will always show up on the bottom of your post.

If you need help setting up your signature profile, contact me via PM or email.

FYI: Everything you see below this statement, is in my signature profile.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Good idea Bill, I made a few changes in my signature.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brady and Hilary
posted Hide Post
I updated our profile, but where do I find the chassis information? And what is a data tag number?

1986 Regal 25ft.
454 Chevy

Posts: 33 | Location: The Great American West | Member Since: 04-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
For 1978 - 1987 your tag should look like these.

The data tag number in this photo is: 8411 3165 28FP3

The data tag number in this photo is: 8607 3340 22FP1

This tag is typically located around the drivers side curtain track area or lower. Could also be in an overhead cabinet around there too.

An additional note: That mean that an earlier 1978 could also look like this.

Or a late 1987 could also look like this.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
I am in the process of acquiring a set of factory manuals for the 1998 Chevy Motorhome Chassis. When I get them, I will scan them into the Mac and post it on the site. I sent Bill N.Y. a Chevy Motorhome Chassis Service Guide on DVD this morning to share.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.