Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Floorplans for 28' coach
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Floorplans for 28' coach
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of ForrestKing
posted
OK, I'm really struggling to fit all of the things I want into the floor plan of my motorhome:
1, queen size bed
2, shower
3, toilet
4, kitchen
5, seating for 4
6, possibly a table/dinnette

I have ordered the 3 ring binder and the CD - blindly hoping the CD has some floorplans on it from 28' coaches. Can any of you confirm if it has this info?

Do any of you have suggestions to share? or drawings? or any ideas?

I've got a blank slate here...

Posts: 42 | Location: St Louis area | Member Since: 01-16-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I have seen a brochure for '90 Barths that has a 28'Regal floor plan with a rear corner bed that's either a double or queen. I think that brochure is on the CD. I doubt that you'll find a walk-around queen on a 28' Barth. Maybe an S.O.B.

I take that back. There's a 28' regal advertised on eBay, shown on another post here, that appears to have a walk-around rear queen.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I doubt that you'll find a walk-around queen on a 28' Barth. Maybe an S.O.B.

You would on a 28' Breakaway - but my queen is also the engine hatch cover.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ForrestKing
posted Hide Post
forgive my ignorance. What's an SOB (other than the obvious...)?

I'm looking forward to the brochures and reading material.

Posts: 42 | Location: St Louis area | Member Since: 01-16-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Reading your post brought some thoughts into my head so here they are.
1. A queen size bed takes up a lot of floor space,so I would think about a pedestal type setup, [maybe a sleep number?] so something can go under it. This could be storage or tanks or anything that takes up space.
2. Don't make the shower too small. The shower head in my coach has a shut-off button on the head, so you can cut the flow to soap up, then instantly have the right temp water to rinse. Using less water becomes second nature in a coach, unless your hooked up to water and sewer all the time, which we never are.
3. The toilet can be hand flush or foot flush, plastic or porcelain, but make sure you get a tall one.
4. We have a fold down extension on the end of the kitchen counter top that comes in handy for food prep and dish washing, then folds out of the way when not needed. The single best space saver in the kitchen is an overhead convection-microwave oven. It will do anything a regular oven will do, usually better, and you wind up with all the space under the stove cooktop for storage. [or the water heater or tanks etc.] It's nice to have a window over the sink area, but keep it small because that's all area that can't be used for cabinets.
5.However you configure your seating,[for travelling], remember to mount the seat belts to the FLOOR, not the seat. A seat belt mounted to the seat doubles the size of the projectile coming at you in an accident. [The passenger AND the seat!]
6.Look at some really cool fold-away tables. Mine is just a single slab that fits down into a compartment when stowed, but some are double leaf set-ups that seat 4 comfortably.
You probably already knew some or all of this, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Keep us posted with pix and info on what you're doing, have fun with it and good luck.
An SOB is "Something Other than Barth

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
SOB = some other brand I just went through my CD and there are quite a few floor plans for 28' Regals and Breakaways that may help. Also in the "Barths for Sale forum" Ed Chevalier has a very nice 28' Regal with a floor plan

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
SOB = some other brand

Or that.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post