Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    FMC > MCC Chassis
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

FMC > MCC Chassis
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Throughout the years it became more apparent that the MCC Chassis were starting to have a parts availability issue.

Leslie Hoagland, owner of Motor Coach Restoration, passed away a few years ago. His kids were supposed to take over but it appears that their effort was half-hearted at best.

I have been told, by several members, that his FMC & MCC custom made parts are now a thing of the past.

His website is still active
http://www.motorcoachrestoration.com/
116 W.Prairie St-Broadwell,IL62634

There was another company that bought the rights to these coaches from FMC (pre Barth) and he was authorized to perform the warranty work for FMC. He also owned all the original tooling for the FMC.

His website is down.
http://www.rvsrepair.com/

Jim Black was an FMC manufacturing executive. He set up an organization to service those coaches. Recreational Vehicle Services, C1249, in Morgan Hill, California. He made mods for many Barth Owners and worked for Barth MCC.

I believe a lot of stuff for these chassis are readily available if sourced properly. I have a hard time believing that we can't come up with a list of what works or what mods are required to repair these chassis.

Wishful thinking... If anyone is located around any of these two businesses and can possibly check in perhaps records are available or further information can be had from someone around there.

This post should not be a gripe fest of negative energy or a complaint reservoir for frustrated members who had a bad experience with their MCC Chassis Coaches from either of these two companies.

I get it, you're upset with "________", but we're not "________". We're positive people trying to offer solutions for a bad situation. Let's make the most of it.

I've always said that "complaining about something without offering a solution, or possible avenue to explore, sounds like whining to me"...

Hear me out... I'm not trying to alienate anyone nor ignore the legitimate complaints & discourse about these companies, I'm trying to keep this thread clean for good hard workarounds and thoughts related to any actual solutions.

From everything I've heard from you, the owners of these MCC Chassis coaches, you love the ride and feel of this unique chassis. Let's try to offer good solutions in this post.

Just as Barthmobile was born from the rubble of Barth Incorporated, perhaps we can help out the members who have these chassis in their coaches.

Barth owned the MCC Chassis and also sold their chassis to other manufacturers of RV's. A Barth Coach built on a MCC Chassis was more "Barth Inc." than one built on any other chassis.

If there is a MCC chassis repair on our boards please link them to this post. I might even be inclined to start a Forum just for the MCC Chassis as it appears that we are now the last line.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
RVS of Morgan Hill is closed. I got many parts there over the years but no more. I have not had time to find out if they closed completely or relocated. After I get back from Texas early November I will make an effort to confirm what is the situation with RVS.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
www.rvsrepair.com Frowner

Jim Black has officially retired
and has closed both his business and his website at the end of 2013....

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
On FMC

The FMC motorhome has an interesting lineage, for FMC is the acronym for Food
Machinery Corporation. FMC got its start in 1883 when inventor John Bean developed an
innovative insecticide pump. The name was changed from the John Bean Manufacturing
Company to the Food Machinery Corporation in 1928 when the company got into the
canning machinery business. The company kept adding mechanized products and
eventually started producing amphibious vehicles for the military.

During a lull in its military vehicle contracts in the late 1960s, FMC turned its sights toward
the burgeoning recreational vehicle market. By 1972, FMC had transferred personnel from
its ordnance division and formally launched a motor coach division in Santa Clara, California.

Initial prototypes were 19 and 23 feet long, but neither went into production.
FMC settled on a 29-foot size, and the first one was completed in late 1972.

The well-made and pricey coaches, which sold for between $27,000 and $54,500 or about
the same price as an average home of that era, were popular among upscale motorhome
buyers. Race car drivers Mario Andretti and Parnelli Jones owned FMCs, But the most
famous FMC owner was CBS reporter Charles Kuralt, host of the popular news feature On
the Road With Charles Kuralt. An FMC was the last of Kuralt’s six motorhomes. It is on
public display at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. FMC coaches were
manufactured from 1973-1976.
The 1973 energy crisis put a damper on the manufacture of all brands of motorhomes,
so FMC was in a difficult position from the beginning.
By 1975, FMC had a contract to produce the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, and in September
1976 converted all the tooling in its factory to the manufacture of tanks.

Some of the FMC personal set up a separate corporation
and developed the MCC motor coach 1977 1982...

QUOTE: http://www.dodgetravcos.com/in...p?p=1_45_FMC-History

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
His website is still active
http://www.motorcoachrestoration.com/
116 W.Prairie St-Broadwell,IL62634

Although he has a website he is leery of using it
because a few years ago they had everything set up
but didn't have a antivirus
and a baddy virus came along and wiped out his whole system Frowner

He much prefers to use the telephone....give him a call...
800-786-1536 or 217-735-1536
{his mother is the secretary/phone operatorSmiler}
leave a message and he will return your call!!
This is just a side line with him now,
as he has a FED EX delivery business full time.

For MCC/Regency parts--

http://www.motorcoachrestorati...umber=46826&pn=PARTS

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!