Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1994 Breakaway
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1994 Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I need some technical help on a 5.9 powered Breakaway. We sent our fuel pump out for a rebuild and none of our linkage and cruise components will reattach. I assumed that the external levers would be put back where they were and I did not take pictures which was dumb on my part. Now the cruise bracket will not even reach the pump and the throttle arm is at least 90* off. I reset the throttle to where I believe it was. The coach has the B series 5.9 Cummins with the Bosch P series inline pump and King components cruise. If anyone has a similar setup they could possibly snap a picture of the linkage and send me I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 16 | Location: Midland NC | Member Since: 09-20-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
I'll go out and take a picture of ours and post it in a little bit.

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting a decent picture of the linkage is difficult . This is one , PM me your email address and I'll send you all I was able to get . If needed , I can try to get a more specific angle .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forums    Tech Talk    1994 Breakaway

Hey thanks again it is starting to make more sense now I am going to try this tonight an see if this gets me through my problem. Looks as if the pump shop installed my throttle arm upside down.

Posts: 16 | Location: Midland NC | Member Since: 09-20-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Be careful of the throttle arm position, On the P Pump the throttle arm is keyed by a half moon key and can only be mounted in one position.

That half moon key is metric hard to get unless from the rebuild shop.

The throttle lever will not stay in position if it is not keyed correctly.

What HP and transmission in Breakaway? The reason I ask is that if it is a 230 HP 6 speed, the throttle position sensor would be used and linkage is different from the 190 HP/4 speed.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
230 HP with 6 speed. Throttle shaft on the pump is splined.
Is the throttle position sensor a remote box with a cable attachment?

posted Hide Post
Your coach is different from mine . I have the non computer 4 speed . I do believe the throttle position sensor is operated by a cable . Ed certainly knows more about your setup than me .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chevy2racer:
230 HP with 6 speed. Throttle shaft on the pump is spline.
Is the throttle position sensor a remote box with a cable attachment?

Yes, thanks for giving more information that is critical to guide you. I was suspicious that you had a 6 speed Allison when you mention a cable would not reach. Further the 230 P-pump has a spline throttle shaft and the throttle lever can be set in various positions.

This is the same setup I have, later I will take a picture(s) of my setup and post it.

I have done a lot of engine/P-pump mods to my system but for the most part the throttle linkage, throttle position sensor, and cruise control attachment is close to original.

What I said before about the the fuel shut off solenoid limit does apply. Your pump shop probably put on a generic bracket but on our engine application the throttle position sensor bracket does both. It limits the stop location of the fuel solenoid and serves as a mounting point for the end of the throttle position cable sensor.

What is the length of your Breakaway?

I will work on getting you pictures this evening.

HTH

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Breakway is 33 feet, it is Richard Muse's old coach.
Yes that is what I have and I appreciate the pics and information.