Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Anyone try the "Tornado"??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Anyone try the "Tornado"??
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
I just purchased a "tornado", which is a stainless insert purported to spin the air in your intake causing better fuel atomization and better fuel economy and power. My P-30 Barth with 454 is "fairly adequate" but I feel another 2o-30 hp would keep me from becoming a moving roadblock on mountain roads.

Any additional fuel savings would be great, my last trip averaged 6.5 mpg.

I will post my results here, skeptic that I am, and wondered if anyone else had had an opportunity to use one yet.

Future plans are an MSD ignition, K&N filter and a set of Thorley headers. I am also going to remove a air injection setup on my cast headers with air pump as well. My inspection guy says that they were not required on my weight class vehicle.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Save your money on the K&N. Poorer filtration. No power increase. No mileage increase. You can make a manometer from a dollar's worth of clear vinyl tubing and some colored water to see for yourself. I have a Tornado that was given to me. I saw no improvement, nor did the donor. If I ever get my digital fuel flow meter installed, will do an objective test and share results here.

I use the MSD 6A and Thorleys. Love them both. If you buy the MSD, go for the adjustable timing control, too. Lets you keep the advance at optimum for temp, octane, load, etc.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
3" exhausts from the stock manifolds back gave me 3 extra mpg, and a cooler engine.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post