Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Engine gauge manufacture ID.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Engine gauge manufacture ID.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
who makes the engine instrument/gauges that Barth used. I an trying to match up a coolant temp sensor that reads 25 degrees too high The gauges all have what looks like a pair of head phones with a (T) in the middle at the bottom of all gauges.. The issue is the sensors are all matched to the gauges and the sensors all have different ohms readings. I have a 1992 Barth Regency

Posts: 15 | Location: Seminole Florida | Member Since: 02-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
What engine?

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
What engine?

Ni300 hp 3208 cat.ck

Posts: 15 | Location: Seminole Florida | Member Since: 02-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Researching the issue. I think the gauges are made By Teleflex. Taking ohm readings at 10 degree temp steps, with the kw plant running, Starting at 100 F. with a Infared heat gun ( after checking the gun with a pot of boiling water) and comparing actual temps with the gauge I found I needed about a 150 ohm resistor added to the wire to the sensor to make the gauge read correctly. I wired a 120 ohm and a 27 ohm in series (2 resistors) total of 147 ohm and now my gauge on the gen set console reads within 5 degrees F. give or take, but at least it is close to correct Yes I had to buy 200 resistors for 11 dollars on Amazon to make the 3.00 dollar coolant sensor work. But 40 dollars for a $3.00 sensor from the diesel people is ridiculous! Hardheaded maybe But I knew there had to be a better way

posted Hide Post
just for information

i believe the speedo is same brand .. telefex after a few months trying to get the odometer fixed , i put it back in not working .

could not find a replacement and a very good speedo shop nearby said he would have to cut it apart and most likely could not fix it .

he said " they were cheap stuff from europe and not repairable " for what it is worth .

but as we purchased our barth at $1.89 a gallon gas .. TRUMP . and as it gets 5.5 mph , that $1.00 per mile ..NOW , ...so i guess we will not be going to BIG BEND this winter ...

so who needs a odometer . oh the fuel gage does not work ... i just remembered ,, that is why i wanted the odometer to work ...

Columbus DID NOT HAVE AN ODOMETER AND MAD DO .

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
made do

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post