Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    body moulding
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

body moulding
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have a 21' 1978 Barth. I am second owner. This Barth is immaculate. I have ALL original paperwork and service records. I inherited from a mentor. I would like to replace passenger side windshield and am missing some of the black "insert" for the body moulding seams. has anyone else found replacements for these? and can someone recommend a replacement glass company. I am in tampa, fL i'm afraid of the metal situation around the front glass. unfortunately the original owners health failed and the bus sat neglected for 4 years. during this time the roof leaked. I've made all repairs inside and brought back to original condition but there's some rust around the glass and i'm not sure what kind of "bucket of worms" i'm opening up to replace this windshield. the glass isn't broken but is oxidized, hence the want to replace.

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Member Since: 05-27-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our community elcaminoufl. You will get some answers from our gracious members, although I do not have an answer for you personally.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I have obtained two sets of windshields from a local shop in Houston named Binswanger Glass. I have another set on order for our '81 Euro. 22'. The joint at the windshield has rivets joining the fiberglass front cap to the aluminum roof and sides. They are all attached to steel framing and all are/were rusted. The current plan is to replace all the rivets with closed end aluminum ones and then have the entire edge fiberglassed over the rivets and extended to create a solid "lip" where the rubber gasket is. We are trying to determine if we can craft a new joint and do away with the rubber and use the modern glue in place methods. Our only concern is how to handle the middle seam. We did an old Chevy pickup and used non yellowing silicone for the vertical joint and it worked out ok. You have to replace/repair that surrounding joint or the gasket will always leak. BTW you do not have to use any special gasket as the shops can make the universal ones fit by heating the bends.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/19
posted Hide Post
Tom and Julie,
I am also looking for gasket and center rubber solution. Just had them pulled out today.
What did you pay for a new set of glass?

Mine is a 1977 24' . The glass tag says Guardian AS-1 J-77, Dot 22 66-M54 then a larger number at the bottom hard to read. 1685-2?
I see no 731 or 730 numbers. Hope mine isn't an odd ball. I would like new glass and rubber.

Posts: 17 | Location: Rockford, Il | Member Since: 05-22-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post