Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Breakaway Ignition switch?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Breakaway Ignition switch?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted
Has anyone out there had any problems with the ignition switch on a Breakaway? I had to replace the constant power relay last weekend but still have the intermittent problem of when I turn the key to on, nothing happens.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a problem with my regal at the main disconnect by the step.Intermittent no power to ign switch,also by sure chassis battery is up to par.

------------------

Posts: 22 | Location: LINCOLN PARK, MICHIGAN USA | Member Since: 03-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I had a problem with my switch, but it turned out to be a problem with a relay in the electrical compartment.

Sometimes nothing would happen when I turned the switch on. It was an intermittent problem. I replaced the switch but it was still intermittent.

I went to NAPA and got a starter relay switch for an early 90's Dodge pickup with the cummins. Its been fine ever since. If I recall correctly, the new switch had 4 terminals, and I had to ground one of them,(on the Barth, the grounding bars are so handy).

I hope this helps.

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Thanks! the problem was exactly that! it's called a constant power relay. $42 later I was on my way. Thank you Barth for very detailed wiring diagrams!

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post