Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Capt. Do you know what this is yet?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Capt. Do you know what this is yet?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted
What causes this light to illuminate?

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I believe, based on the fact that your vehicle is "air over-hydraulic" brakes, that your master cylinder for the front brakes is reading low psi or low fluid level.

Now, if it was full (it's not) airbrakes I would suspect that it would be low air psi in either your primary or secondary tanks.

Turn on the key and make sure your air psi is 40lbs or less. Start up your coach. At around 60-70lbs your warning light for the low air should go out. If the center one goes out, then your bulbs are in backwards

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I will let the air out of the system to check the "low pressure" light but as the pic shows there is nearly 100 psi in the low reading gauge... Are there two tanks? I think the light is saying low fluid level but I have yet to find the "front" resivoir.... The dash says "Fluid" between the Front and Rear warning lights... I asked about it but he said it's been ON since he owned the coach...

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
I dont't know if this applies to your Regency. Have you located the front reservoir, (master cylinder)? (Behind front tire) Post by Danny Z http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...061025752#6061025752
Here is another post that may be helpful http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...411029061#5411029061

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
On my 92' Breakaway it meant the brake resevior was low.
I have a spartan chassis. On mine it's a single resevior just inside the front grille for my generator access and just in front of where the drivers feet would be, mounted to the forward firewall. hope this helps

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
You may want to try and follow your front brake lines and see where they lead you.

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'm still sticking with my earlier statement. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I believe, based on the fact that your vehicle is "air over-hydraulic" brakes, that your master cylinder for the front brakes is reading low psi or low fluid level.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
Bill, you're right in having him verify. That is most important. I was just stating that when we picked up the coach. The front calipers locked up. While bleeding them my light went on and it went off when we topped off the reservoir.

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Having a little prior knowledge on this coach, I know that recently the ball joints have been replaced and there was work done on the steering system. I am by no stretch of the imagination a mechanic, but my thoughts were that if the brake lines had been tampered with during any of this and if the frt. master cylinder is that hard to find.... just a rookie guess Big Grin

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Picture of chrisW
posted Hide Post
The master cylinder is located in the center (side to side) and approx 10' back from the front of the rig. Lots of room to work around it once you have slid under the frame.

Big reservoirs, bring lots of fluid!

1985 Regency 35'
8.2T Detriot Diesel / Allison
other toys - a bunch of old Porsches, a GT350 and a '65 mustang convertible.

Posts: 164 | Location: Syracuse NY | Member Since: 07-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Thank you... We found it and are tracking down the problem light... I'm leaning towards a bad sensor, but we'll see...

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
no i do not, i just noticed the message, now u have my attention

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
ok... Chris at MCR informed me that the sensor for the brake fluid in the master is NOT an autoreset type of sensor. It has to be manually reset. It is located on the master cylinder between the two wires going to the sensor. It looks like a pencil eraser and has to be pushed back in about 1/4" to reset it.. Mine is fine now and the light is off...

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
hey Patch, did u locate your Reservoir

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Well, my coach was in the shop and the Mech. found it and reset the sensor.... But it is just behind the drivers seat in the center of the coach and there should be plenty of room to service it AFTER you climb under the side rail...
I take it you wanted to know where it is?
I also had the mech. drain, flush and refill the brake lines with Dot 5 (silicone) brake fluid...

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"