Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    LED Reading lights
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

LED Reading lights
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
Just replaced the overhead #1156 incandescent lamps in the adjustable spots (seven of them, Driver, Copilot, three over couches and two in bedroom) with Superbrightleds.com #67-W15 lamps. Same amount of light, but 20 Milli amps instead of 13 watts at 1 amp each. About $3.00 each, 30,000 hour life and impercepable draw on the batteries. They also do not get hot!, Highly recommended.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
When I go to the website that part# is 6.95ea. how do you get them for $3?

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
That is a great idea-- ours get way too hot to the touch!
Where did you buy them?

regards Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
Another comment on LED lighting. One should be aware that the intense blue light of LED's can make it very difficult to sleep. Sleep research shows that being exposed to blue light can keep you from going to sleep for 30 minutes or more and
the reddish caste to standard incandescent 12v lights actually promotes sleep FWIW

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madrone:
Another comment on LED lighting. One should be aware that the intense blue light of LED's can make it very difficult to sleep. Sleep research shows that being exposed to blue light can keep you from going to sleep for 30 minutes or more and
the reddish caste to standard incandescent 12v lights actually promotes sleep FWIW

What does the research say about warm white LEDs?

I have also read that computer use before bed makes falling asleep difficult. I wonder which is more difficult.

The bluish LEDs help you lose weight, though.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
LOL----,LED's sounds like a drug,,,LED's side effect(( may cause restlessness and weight loss)

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We replaced the little bulbs in the semi truck "reading lights" (they are the same in MHs) with LED bulbs. Found them at the truck stop, the Iowa80 chrome shop might have them in their catalog/website too. Really like them and no problem sleeping (just switch it off LOL). Doris

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
My favorite LED for our eyeball reading lights this month is

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/...ewProd&productId=424

I use a soldered-up base adapter for fitting my single contact bayonet sockets. You could also put a bipin socket in the light fixture. I did one of each. Push-in adapters are available, as well. The LED units fit very nicely up in the eyeball when a bipin socket is epoxied up inside.

As is characteristic a lensed source, it is very efficient, with virtually no spillover, so all of the light produced is on the subject. 150 lumens is pretty bright when all of it hits a magazine or newspaper page.

When I first bought them, warm white was not available, but now is, at a slightly diminished output. For reading, I find the slight bluish cast of the cool white makes reading a little easier.

I wear red-tinted reading glasses at night to preserve my night vision, so my ability to fall asleep is not affected by the bluish tint. Smiler

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Where...Where...Where, were the $3.00 #67-15W LED bulbs purchased? I'll try changing to LED's but I would like to go slow and cheap..............................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Superbrightleds sells the replacement for the 67 bulbs that I found in my coach STARTING AT $2.99, but you can get 9 or 15 leds and various colors. I checked my invoice and found they had charged me for the 9 led version but shipped the 15, which are $6.99. I recently changed out all the lights in my house to led and spent almost $600 on the total system so maybe they discounted the order. I also do not like the harsh blue light and have ordered their warm white and they look identical to an incandescent. Because the inside of the coach is either too dark or to light when watching movies I also ordered their light strips which I placed up inside the valance over the windows to act like theatre lighting. I chose blue for those and they work really well. Even at $7 each it only takes 7 bulbs so that is cheap to relieve 7 times 13 watts of hot incandescent bulbs. Maybe not for everyone, but I try to load the coach batteries as little as possible for dry camping.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
I ALSO CHANGED ONE OF MY FLUORESCENT LITES IN MT MOTOR HOME THAT WAS BURNT OUT. COULD HAVE GOTTEN A BALAST FOR $35 INSTED IT COST ME $45. . OOPS CAPS SORRY .LIKE THE LEDS AND WILL CHANGE THEM ALL TO LEDS WHEN THEY BURN OUT.
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR
LENNY
ps NEW COMPUTER IMAC DO NOT KNOW ALL THE KEYS YET.

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny and judy:
ps NEW COMPUTER IMAC DO NOT KNOW ALL THE KEYS YET.
Shift & Cap Lock should be the same on ALL COMPUTERS LENNY. But, then again, I don't have a I-MAC either. Computer hmm

Happy New Years to You, Judy, Guapo & Liza!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Yup. Caps lock is just above shift key on the left side of the keyboard. It's easy to hit it by mistake while you're typing, & find you're suddenly all in caps.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olroy:
Yup. Caps lock is just above shift key on the left side of the keyboard. It's easy to hit it by mistake while you're typing, & find you're suddenly all in caps.

Yup. Due to an innate clumsiness and big hands, I have applied a gob of Shoe Goo to the left side of the caps lock key to prevent its use. For the few times I need all caps. I just hold the shift key.

Perhaps a lead weight would be useful to hold down the shift key for extended capital usage, a la Buxtehude. Smiler

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
thanks everybody just do not see the dot and have to look at the keys lern to spell don not like to edit i jest cont heap myself
lonny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post