Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Zip Dee Awnings
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Zip Dee Awnings
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am thinking of replacing the awnings on the 84 35' MCC Barth. Does anyone have ideas of what to replace with? Are the Zip Dee awnings fixable? Does anyone have a use for the old awnings?

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in one of the shorter window awnings...I want to convert it to a front entry door awning. thanks, bob

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Zip Dee has parts. My patio awning fell apart when we were bringing the Barth home. I jury-rigged a fix with hardware store bolts, then replaced the worn/damaged components with factory parts ordered from Zip Dee. I added window awnings from them to keep everything matching.

On the patio awning I replaced some cracked castings, replaced hardware store bolts with hardened factory bolts, & replaced the "Flex Key," the layered fabric strip that attaches the awning fabric to the side of the coach. I also added some factory latches to keep the awnings closed (belt & suspenders approach).

The Zip Dee products are not as high-tech as some other awnings. Compared to automatic electric awnings that open & close with the press of a button, they rate as crude-but-effective. But there's not much that can go wrong with them except normal wear & tear. They're pricey, but everything's top quality.

Their phone number a couple years ago was 1-800-338-2378. Don't know if that's current.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had to purchase a new patio awning because our Barth did not come with one. A new 18' Zip Dee installed was about $2100.00 It is worth every penny. Easy up, easy down, a perfect match to our paint, low tech and turns heads. It was a pricy investment but I would do it again in a heart beat. Our Barth remains completely orginal!

1991 33ft Regal 460 Deere

Posts: 19 | Location: Hanover, PA | Member Since: 03-27-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"It is worth every penny."

Amen!

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post