Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Hinges
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hinges
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted
I have a fairly new to me '91 32 Regency, and one of the things I needed to replace was the hinges on the cabinets that do not have the gas shocks. I was having trouble finding these in the original antique brass finish. All I could find On the hinge was the part number, HS100E ,and a patent number. I went to the internet, found a free patent search, put in the patent number, up came the name of the inventor/patent holder, George Malcom. Put in his name to an internet search came up with George Malcom USA, Inc. in Elkhart Indiana, which sells hardware. Looked up this website, found a phone number,called, explained what I was needing, and they sold me a complete set of original hinges in the original color for $4.00each plus ship and tax. They are installed and work great. Gotta love the internet! They do not usually sell retail and are not set up to do Credit cards, had to send them a check and wait for it to clear. But for anyone who wants the original hinges, they are out there, and this patent search thing may work for other hard to find items. Just a FYI for all the Barth owners.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hi Jerry.
Could yoou provide a phone number for this outfit?
Also would they be able to supply a list of retailers of their product?
Thanks.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
Don,
Their 800 phone number is 877-477-8749, and I believe the person I talked to was named Adam. My original question to him was where could I find these hinges, but when he was willing to help, I just bought them from him directly. They must have a list of retailers. I have seen these hinges out on the market before, but no one had the Antique brass finish, or was willing to see if they could get them for me.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post