Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    fresh water pump
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

fresh water pump
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
Hi All, We're back in the lower 48 and I guess due to the rough roads we have lost power to the fresh water pump. Any Regency owners had this happen? There is a circut breaker under the couch that says pump, I am assuming that this is the fresh water pump. It seems that something came loose. Yes I already replaced the pump. Gee they don't make there own power. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom:
Sorry to hear of your loss of pumping---- on the positive side you may now have a spare (used) pump Smiler.
As ours is not a regency I cannot give much other advise (as you asking for) other than to suggest you drive on smoother roads :rotflmao
I hope everything else went well on your return trip.
We (our Breakaway) have the additional switch for the pump in the bath-- which has been noted to be prone to accidental use!

Good luck
Regards Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom
We have 2 switches to turn on the water pump. One is in the control panel over the entry door and the other is on the wall in the bathroom. Might one of these be defective and cutting power to the pump? Since the pump is 12V are there any breakers or in-line fuses that you can test? Our fuse panel is under the end of the bed and a pita to focus on when wearing my bifocals and hard to see without a flashlight. It's a "welcome to the golden age" thing, lying on the floor trying to tell if one of those bloody little breakers has popped!
I saw some of your pictures, looks like you had a great trip!
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Morning Don, any chance you know where the red wires for the switch in the control panel come from. There is no power to these. The third wire on the pump comes from a breaker under the couch. Guess that is the difference in a Spartan and a Gillig chassis. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don, would you please tell me how your pump is wired. I have a red and a green then I have a third wire from a circut breaker to the red from the pump to the pressure switch. is that how yours is wired? thanks Tom

posted Hide Post
Ok Bud I see you lurking, how is yours wired. Tom

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
had this problem ! wire came lose behind switches above entry door put back toghether and clamped them a litle tighter.....

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
The 12V wiring blueprint for ours shows the switch in the control panel as a "3 way switch". There are 2 green that are marked as "parallel 3 and 03". These go to one side of the switch at the control panel and a third line goes from the other side of the switch to the pump. There is also a pump switch in the bathroom but I can't find it on any of the blueprints.
I will pull the cover off the bathroom water pump switch and the control panel water pump switch tomorrow morning and see what they look like.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Johns:
Don, would you please tell me how your pump is wired. I have a red and a green then I have a third wire from a circut breaker to the red from the pump to the pressure switch. is that how yours is wired? thanks Tom

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom:
The system in a Breakaway sounds fairly similar to what you and Don have been discussing in terms of layout in Regencys.
My diagrams indicate "purple " wires for the pump including those that run to the fuse box (at the end of the bed). As mentioned before we also have a switch in the bathroom (also marked as a 3-way on our diagram). Access to these to check connections is relatively easy (on ours).
Good Luck

Regards Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Robert hit it on the head. found the middle wire about 2ft down in the wall. I guess I had a brain fart when looking at the switch. Tom